This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, i have to admit (Ubisoft)

#1NfuzedXGamerPosted 9/10/2013 12:09:30 PM
I uswd to sort of be on the bandwagon of hate Ubisoft followers. But quite honestly as of recently im starting to enjoy their games alot. I mean the past 3 games (Farcry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, AC3) i played and enjoyed.

Now the announce and reveal of Watch Dogs which looks incredible IMO, The division is shaping up to look real cool, and now Child of light im even considering preordering. Not to mention AC4 is looking to be the best yet since AC2. Its hard to dislike a developer or publisher who makes quality games. Ive learned this and grown up on the subject.
#2pothocketPosted 9/10/2013 12:12:36 PM
Ok. I'm the opposite. I had a horrible time with AC3 and FC3 was so generic I couldn't even bother to finish it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3ShpooplePosted 9/10/2013 12:16:41 PM
Congratulations on growing up. Play games because you like them, and don't play games you find boring or bad. Who publishes the games should be irrelevant, blind hatred for EA/Ubisoft/Activision makes a person sound like an idiot.
#4squidgy617Posted 9/10/2013 12:18:41 PM
NfuzedXGamer posted...
I uswd to sort of be on the bandwagon of hate Ubisoft followers. But quite honestly as of recently im starting to enjoy their games alot. I mean the past 3 games (Farcry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, AC3) i played and enjoyed.

Now the announce and reveal of Watch Dogs which looks incredible IMO, The division is shaping up to look real cool, and now Child of light im even considering preordering. Not to mention AC4 is looking to be the best yet since AC2. Its hard to dislike a developer or publisher who makes quality games. Ive learned this and grown up on the subject.

That's the thing. A company can be a great developer and a terrible publisher. It isn't always black and white.

That said, I've never had a problem with Ubisoft, though I wish I didn't HAVE to use UPlay, its not really intrusive or anything so I'm fine with it.

EA, on the other hand...
#5steveboblarryPosted 9/10/2013 12:21:23 PM
Shpoople posted...
Congratulations on growing up. Play games because you like them, and don't play games you find boring or bad. Who publishes the games should be irrelevant, blind hatred for EA/Ubisoft/Activision makes a person sound like an idiot.

If you don't like a companies business's practices then just don't buy the products. There's nothing wrong with that.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#6WyzeGyePosted 9/10/2013 12:22:18 PM
squidgy617 posted...
NfuzedXGamer posted...

That's the thing. A company can be a great developer and a terrible publisher. It isn't always black and white.

That said, I've never had a problem with Ubisoft, though I wish I didn't HAVE to use UPlay, its not really intrusive or anything so I'm fine with it.

EA, on the other hand...

b-but....

nevermind.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif | http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/201227_v1.gif
#7ShpooplePosted 9/10/2013 12:36:58 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Shpoople posted...

If you don't like a companies business's practices then just don't buy the products. There's nothing wrong with that.

What business practices do you not like? What atrocities are EA committing? What horrifyingly unethical things do Ubisoft do? Gamers hate on the big publishers because they are immature. Boycotting EA because they own Bioware and Bioware now makes AAA games that sell millions instead of niche games is ridiculous. People hate Activision for releasing CoD's every year, even though millions of people buy them and play them every day.

I'll play the new Assassin's Creed because it looks fun. I pity those that refuse to play just because they think that a big company throwing millions at enormous studios to release games annually is bad business practice.
#8NfuzedXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 12:56:50 PM
I agree with the above comment entirely.
#9reincarnator07Posted 9/10/2013 12:59:07 PM
The problem isn't their games, it's their business practices.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#10steveboblarryPosted 9/10/2013 1:05:07 PM
Shpoople posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Shpoople posted...

What business practices do you not like? What atrocities are EA committing? What horrifyingly unethical things do Ubisoft do? Gamers hate on the big publishers because they are immature. Boycotting EA because they own Bioware and Bioware now makes AAA games that sell millions instead of niche games is ridiculous. People hate Activision for releasing CoD's every year, even though millions of people buy them and play them every day.

I'll play the new Assassin's Creed because it looks fun. I pity those that refuse to play just because they think that a big company throwing millions at enormous studios to release games annually is bad business practice.

Dude did I say EA committed *Attrocities*, did I say I hate EA uh no. I don't wanna support certain business practices like every publisher making their own DRM service . If you wanna support go and support them its fine freedom of choice I don't lose sleep over it.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy