This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Speakers no long work just a buzzing sound.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speakers no long work just a buzzing sound.

User Info: IncomingF5

IncomingF5
3 years ago#1
What do you think could have caused this. All I hear is a loud buzzing adjusting the volume does nothing.

User Info: Ravenoussd

Ravenoussd
3 years ago#2
i'm not too sure this can happen

but maybe, somehow, something changed the audio out port to the mic port?
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#3
Happened to me on my laptop.

Was bad motherboard.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: IncomingF5

IncomingF5
3 years ago#4
Hey guys. I just recently moved my router and modem away from my computer. The sounds works but there is still a buzzing sound.

User Info: fatali

fatali
3 years ago#5
Have you tried to plug some headphones instead of the speakers? that's a quick way to determine if the problem is the soundcard or the speakers.
Mystery is the source of all true science.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#6
IncomingF5 posted...
Hey guys. I just recently moved my router and modem away from my computer. The sounds works but there is still a buzzing sound.

Leaky cables getting signal interference, if possible you can replace the cabled (or just buy some shielding for them)

Hopefully the speakers you are using are using a easy to detach 3.5mm jack(detachable from the speaker) or something similar to that.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speakers no long work just a buzzing sound.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived