This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good Blu-ray playback software?

#1A_Vengeful_PiePosted 9/10/2013 3:06:41 PM
Preferably something free, and also have good audio/video quality. Using my blu ray drive to play blu rays would be nice.
---
---
i7-3930k | ASUS IV Rampage Extreme | GTX TITAN | 16GB Corsair Dominator | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB WD Black | Corsair 800D
#2dakondakbladePosted 9/10/2013 3:07:38 PM
VLC
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#3wizardmonPosted 9/10/2013 3:09:31 PM(edited)
dakondakblade posted...
VLC

good quality
VLC

lol

Well, I suppose that's as good as Good Free will get.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4KillerTrufflePosted 9/10/2013 3:08:48 PM
For free, you're pretty much looking at VLC. I understand it's improved quite a bit, but still can be glitchy sometimes.

For paid, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre Platinum is one of the best - you can usually find a sale on it for $60 or less.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5dakondakbladePosted 9/10/2013 3:10:37 PM
wizardmon posted...
dakondakblade posted...
VLC

good quality
VLC

lol

Well, I suppose that's as good as Good Free will get.

Pretty much.. haha

I prefer SMPlayer but I don't know if it supports Blu-Ray.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#6sukilee901Posted 9/10/2013 7:04:24 PM
As far as i know, there is no free blu-ray player software for the windows platform now. But i can recommend you some other cheap or free Blu-ray tools for you.

First,if you need a full functional(fully supporting Blu-ray features like Blu-ray menu, 3D, BD-live, etc.) Blu-ray software, you can choose the Arcsoft Total Media Theatre, and the PowerDVD from the Cyberlink. The only pity is that they may a bit expensive, especially you have to pay for the updates.

Second, there are also some simple cheap Blu-ray player software like Aurora Blu-ray Media Player which can read and playback the main movie of a blu-ray disc directly. But some of the Blu-ray features Blu-ray menu, 3D playback are not available now. You can get the lifetime version with $39.95 now.

Third, the free tools, 1. the 2.0 version of VLC, you must download the aacs or bd+ libraries, which may let you play some old Blu-ray disc; 2. MakeMKV, the beta version is free for 30 days and allows you to rip blu-ray to MKV without any quality loss. 3. Aurora Blu-ray Copy, which is free now, can only rip Blu-ray to ISO image now.

Refers to: http://blog.bluray-player-software.com/best-blu-ray-software-blu-ray-player-blu-ray-ripper-blu-ray-copy/
#7GoIrish80Posted 9/10/2013 7:16:34 PM
There is no "good" Blu Ray playback software, unfortunately.

Free programs like MPC-HC are nice for the price, but in the end become too much of a hassle.

Paid programs like PowerDVD, while they do work (for the most part,) frustrate you on the opposite end of the spectrum in that there is no way they are worth the price they cost.

If the free programs don't suit your purpose, and you're on the verge of spending the ~$100 for the software, just buy a stand alone Blu Ray player. The software isn't worth the headache.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2