This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the people who say "PC Master Race" being serious?

#91GoIrish80Posted 9/10/2013 7:07:42 PM
I just find it hilarious how console gamers act like things such as resolution, frame rate, texture detail, etc mean absolutely NOTHING in the middle/close to the end of a console generation, and yet when a new console is unveiled, it's all they seem to talk about.

Gee, I wonder why that is.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#92PathlessBulletPosted 9/10/2013 7:08:25 PM
I like how we stereotype gamer's on different platforms.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#93Ha_D00DPosted 9/10/2013 7:36:31 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
I just find it hilarious how console gamers act like things such as resolution, frame rate, texture detail, etc mean absolutely NOTHING in the middle/close to the end of a console generation, and yet when a new console is unveiled, it's all they seem to talk about.

This, so damn much.
---
HAF 922// i5 3570k// Hyper 212 Evo// P8Z77-V LK// Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Edition// 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws// SeaSonic 620w// Mushkin 120GB
#94TehPwnzererPosted 9/10/2013 7:38:00 PM
Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
Gaming and transportation are not comparable. You use transportation because you need to. You game because you want to. Therefore, when someone games, they're likely to go with the best experience that they can afford. That, and the price difference being massively larger in your example.

The want/need dichotomy is irrelevant because the point is still apt. Ine one example you have a car, and the other example you have public transport. The fact that you need transportation is meaningless, the point is how you travel and why.

Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
You've pretty much defeated your own argument, then. If "people would grab a gaming PC if it were the same cost", then that must mean that PC gaming is better, and the only people who do not partake in it are those for which it is not financially viable, meaning that everyone for whom it IS financially viable is basically in an elite club. And if it's the case that console gamers only don't participate because they are ignorant of PC gaming's benefits, that still leaves PC gamers in an elite club.

No i didn't, because as I've already laid out about seven times, not all people who CAN afford PC gaming, will CHOOSE PC gaming. Just like not all people who CAN afford a car will choose to buy one. Just like not all people who CAN purchase a villa in Belize, will choose to. You seem to be under the impression that if you have the money to purchase something, it will be purchased. As if there aren't impulsive savers that don't just drop every dime they have in their wallet for things they might not value.

Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
No amount of intelligence will lead them to discovering something which they have never considered (PC gaming), though. That's the thing. Even for some people who DO have the disposable income for it, buying a gaming PC isn't an option, because they simply are not aware of PC gaming enough to even consider looking into it. I've had (adult) friends and acquaintances blown away when they see how smoothly and clearly my PC renders games compared to their consoles. Those people evidently do care about visuals and such--the only reason they didn't want a gaming PC before that was because they didn't know about them. There's also the fact that first-hand experience with each is necessary to fully appreciate the difference, which console-only gamers by definition haven't likely done.

TL;DR: The only people who don't like Krabby Patties have never tasted one!

Those people are not the same people we're talking about though. If you present them with PC gaming and they can afford it and find it valuable, great. I encourage you to do that more often. But to people who DO know about PC gaming and can't justify the pretty visuals at thrice the price tag, I don't feel deserve to be mocked and looked down upon. Just because they don't blow as much money as you do on toys like video games, doesn't make them inferior "peasants".

Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
Because you paint pickiness in a positive light when talking about console gamers, and in a negative light when talking about PC gamers. It shows your bias. To clarify further, you implied that console exclusives are better (PC gamers want console exclusives, but not vice-versa), meaning that console gamers being choosy is perfectly reasonable. They just avoid bad experiences. The same could be said about PC gamers and their standards regarding framerate, resolution, etc. as well. Console gamers being picky about games could just as easily be seen as a bad thing as PC gamers being picky about technical things can.

The difference is that I don't see console gamers mocking and picking on PC gamers over their choice the same way I do the other way around.
#95Ha_D00DPosted 9/10/2013 7:48:37 PM
Remember those GDDR5 threads?
---
HAF 922// i5 3570k// Hyper 212 Evo// P8Z77-V LK// Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Edition// 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws// SeaSonic 620w// Mushkin 120GB
#96nedrithPosted 9/10/2013 7:52:28 PM
GoIrish80 posted...

While I agree with the statement I also agree that resolution frame rate texture detail do mean practically nothing. Give me a game with great gameplay over one that looks good anyways. 30FPS is just fine.
#97JavelinPosted 9/10/2013 8:00:16 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
I don't see console gamers mocking and picking on PC gamers over their choice the same way I do the other way around.

Only because they can't. Console peasants mock and pick on each other for choosing Sony or Nintendo all the time.

But you can't expect someone with a Honda Civic to go around pointing and laughing at Ferraris.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#98Lemur_HPosted 9/10/2013 8:24:56 PM
nedrith posted...
GoIrish80 posted...

While I agree with the statement I also agree that resolution frame rate texture detail do mean practically nothing. Give me a game with great gameplay over one that looks good anyways. 30FPS is just fine.

It has to be one or the other. Can't be both, or all, apparently.

Well, it's your lucky day! You can have great gameplay, high resolution graphics, and silky smooth 60 FPS goodness! Never Settle.
#99farigontiPosted 9/10/2013 8:25:35 PM
GoIrish80 posted...

Preach.
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#100TehPwnzererPosted 9/10/2013 8:32:04 PM
Javelin posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
I don't see console gamers mocking and picking on PC gamers over their choice the same way I do the other way around.

Only because they can't. Console peasants mock and pick on each other for choosing Sony or Nintendo all the time.

But you can't expect someone with a Honda Civic to go around pointing and laughing at Ferraris.

Except that the value of cars and gaming machines shifts in completely opposite directions. Your chances of getting laid appreciates when you have a really nice car. Your chances of getting laid depreciates when you have a really nice gaming rig.