This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much would you pay for a remake of one of your favorite games from the past?

#1BogePosted 9/10/2013 6:42:04 PM
How much would you pay for a remake of one of your favorite games from the past? - Results (130 votes)
Full price ($60) or more!
44.62% (58 votes)
$40-$50
11.54% (15 votes)
$30-$40
18.46% (24 votes)
$20-$30
13.08% (17 votes)
$10-$20
6.15% (8 votes)
Less than $10
1.54% (2 votes)
I would never buy a remake no matter how much better it was.
4.62% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Assuming they kept the same old game and just redid the graphics, sound quality, maybe improved the control scheme for todays standards, etc. One of the best examples I can think of is Resident Evil for gamecube. They didn't do anything to ruin the game or make it too different to ruin what it was. It was just completely redone for the Gamecube standards.

I would love to see more full remakes of the old awesome games from the past like Diablo II, Jagged Alliance 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Mafia 1, Secret of Mana, Shining Force, Super Metroid. Not dumbed down either like Xcom. Not changed up too much like Jagged Alliance Back in Action. But basically kept things the same, but enhanced with higher resolutions, better mouse control, widescreen support, etc.

If you don't quite understand what I mean, please don't vote. You'll contaminate the voting results.

So, how much would you be willing to pay for a remake of some of your favorite games from the past?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2RequiemPosted 9/10/2013 6:45:19 PM
It would depend on the game.

Baldurs Gate series? Nothing to very little... because I personally think the series has aged pretty well and is still playable.

Now, games like Morrowind... full $60 if it was remade fully (updated engine, etc etc)
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#3DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/10/2013 6:48:05 PM
Depends entirely on the art direction. My choice would be final fantasy 6. I would love a gritty realistic version. I always imagined final fantasy games in a realistic fashion aesthetically (minus the obvious fantasy).

I'd pay full price for that. Make it chibi like characters or have them horribly voiced and I'd probably not buy it.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#4Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 6:56:12 PM
That's kind of what I meant by favorite games from the past. I mean, think of any of your old favorite games that you'd love to play through again, especially if they had a remake!

I'd pay top dollar for some of those like the ones I listed.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#5the_cajun88Posted 9/10/2013 6:56:22 PM
I would pay $60+ for a Donkey Kong 64 remake.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#6rpgianPosted 9/10/2013 7:27:11 PM
Is it a good remake? I would've traded a pouch of albino tiger nipples for a Valkyrie Profile 3 but when they give you something like Covenant of the Plume in its name then I wouldn't pay one single dingleberry.
#7DerPancakePosted 9/10/2013 7:32:47 PM
$40 dollars for an Age of Empires 2 remake.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#8MC RaZaRPosted 9/10/2013 7:45:28 PM
If I can't get it for cheaper, then I would probably pay full price.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#9pfantzypantzPosted 9/10/2013 7:47:31 PM
A full on serious FF6 remake as mentioned would gladly be bought $60+ by me. Shining Force is another great choice, would be awesome if they bundled the sequels into a big remake collection thing, though I'd be more than happy with just Shining Force 1.

Others would include FF9 (would love to see that art style and direction with current tech)
The MOTHER series, 1 needs it the most.
The 2D Metroids,
Fire Emblem 3 and 4. As long as the remake isn't as terrible as the FE3 remake on the DS is.

Would love to see all those games fully realized with current graphics technology, orchestrated music, and voice acting.
#10Chaos_MissilePosted 9/10/2013 8:10:12 PM
Hard to say; ALOT of the games in my past dont really require remakes at all.

- Sonic 3 (NOT Sonic 3 & Knuckles) is still as good as I remember it
- most of the Megaman games are pretty good as well.
- I find the graphics in both Tiberium Sun and Red Alert 2 to be FAR superior compared to everything EA made post Zero Hour (C&C3, RA3, that game which shall not be named)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008