This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

like it or not, pewdiepie has done a lot for pc gaming

#21yhmusic(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 7:29:07 PM
TheMisfit posted...
yhmusic posted...
TheMisfit posted...
what's pewdiepie? I'd google it...but...ehh.

some russian guy that makes cheap gaming pcs.

Looked him up, he's Swedish. But hey, he's not from 'Merica so just label him 'foreign'. So, he exploded over night basically. Only started his channel in 09' and starting getting steam last year, And is now basically the number 1 youtube channel? wtf?

yup. and he plays a lot of pc only games. which in turn gets a significant amount of people interested in pc gaming. similar to what yogscast did for minecraft on pc.
---
i produce/sing/write-
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79C8AA8CD62A06C4
#22TheMisfitPosted 9/10/2013 7:34:33 PM
yhmusic posted...
TheMisfit posted...
yhmusic posted...
TheMisfit posted...

Looked him up, he's Swedish. But hey, he's not from 'Merica so just label him 'foreign'. So, he exploded over night basically. Only started his channel in 09' and starting getting steam last year, And is now basically the number 1 youtube channel? wtf?

yup. and he plays a lot of pc only games. which in turn gets a significant amount of people interested in pc gaming. similar to what yogscast did for minecraft on pc.

If this guys gets more people like him to play PC games...then F%$ it, I'm out. In my day, this was a PC gamer : http://i.imgur.com/2AprY.jpg
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#23MackorovPosted 9/10/2013 7:37:37 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
yhmusic posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
yhmusic posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
PC doesn't have exclusives. It only has games that aren't profitable enough for consoles.

and therefore they are.... not available on any other consoles... and therefore exclusives?

No, "exclusive" is slang for games meant to bring more popularity to a certain system i.e. Halo fo Xbox. Any PC only game is the opposite. It's only on PC because nobody wants to play it.

wat... Civ5? Slender? Starcraft? HoN? LoL? WoW? btw definition: "an item or story published or broadcast by only one source."

cant tell if troll...

You named an inferior sequel and four terrible games. That's the best list you could think of?

Goodjobatpointbro

And that's the typical PC gamer response when asked to name exclusives. 90% strategy games (come on, there's a reason why they're on PC only) and how many non-strategy games that isn't indie?

Even for any indie game that is successful enough, the devs wouldn't think twice about porting their game to consoles. Terraria, Minecraft, Plants Vs Zombies, Day Z, i can go on...
#24Moose_Of_WoePosted 9/10/2013 7:41:03 PM
He's done a lot for the Tourette community.
#25fire2boxPosted 9/10/2013 9:19:00 PM
yhmusic posted...
the amount of people i know that have installed steam to play games pewdiepie has played is crazy.

Yet you offer no proof.

GOOD DAY SIR!
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#26Chaos_MissilePosted 9/10/2013 9:44:19 PM
yhmusic posted...
TheMisfit posted...
yhmusic posted...
TheMisfit posted...

So does TotalBiscuit, especially for his WTF series(I dont think I've ever seen him do one for a console period). I dont see you praising him.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#27HighOnPhazonPosted 9/10/2013 10:19:48 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
yhmusic posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
PC doesn't have exclusives. It only has games that aren't profitable enough for consoles.

and therefore they are.... not available on any other consoles... and therefore exclusives?

No, "exclusive" is slang for games meant to bring more popularity to a certain system i.e. Halo for Xbox. Any PC only game is the opposite. It's only on PC because nobody wants to play it.

Disregarding peasant
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB / Corsair TX650