This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This PvP thing is really hurting my gaming experience.

#1BogePosted 9/10/2013 7:03:34 PM
I really miss the days of killing stupid AI opponents. At least I know I can accomplish that. Playing against other players is suicide. Some people spend 12 hours a day just to make sure you have a bad time playing the game, and it works.

What does a guy like me do?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2PathlessBulletPosted 9/10/2013 7:05:22 PM
Play more games.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#3NicodimusPosted 9/10/2013 7:05:31 PM
Play games where you can use bots or choose not to play in a pvp area.
---
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#4PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/10/2013 7:05:43 PM
Keep playing until you stop dying constantly.
---
Fear is a leash.
#5Tiberius1151Posted 9/10/2013 7:05:46 PM
Get better by getting destroyed by people who are better than you. It sucks but it works.
---
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke
#6Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 8:07:37 PM
What if I don't feel like spending 8 hours a day just so I won't die so easily?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#7Ep1taph303Posted 9/10/2013 8:10:07 PM
Go play ut2k4.

/thread
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#8DisastersaurusPosted 9/10/2013 8:10:27 PM
Boge posted...
What if I don't feel like spending 8 hours a day just so I won't die so easily?

play a co-op game
stop playing that game
play a game with bots
the options are pretty varied
---
hella butts
#9AlkVelronPosted 9/10/2013 8:18:39 PM
I personally prefer cooperative play, but I can enjoy pvp when the other players aren't being a bunch of brats and jerks over things. If they kill me I get mocked and if I kill them they whine and complain and still belittle me. It give me a damn aneurism at how stupid it is. PvP with friends or in silent matches are fine. Bots can be fun too for various reasons, like a casual competitive game against seemingly intelligent opponents, or in certain games (like Dungeon Defenders) where you can make creative strategies to defeat them.

As for the OP... you do have other options. Plenty, really. Get some friends in pvp matches with you, mute other players, play games with bots, etc.
---
XBL/PSN/STEAM Account Name - NEREVAR117
"If this is the chosen way, then there's nothing left to say."
#10_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/11/2013 3:36:39 AM
Stick to one or two competitive games and invest in them. There is no way you will forever suck at a game. Though some people seem to have more innate ability to do well at certain games than others.

Also, stick to what you are good at. I think I can start any FPS and immediately do well with an above average K/D ratio, reflexes and awareness. When I play a 2D fighting game I get my ass handed to me by everyone, and when I play RTS I am always frustrated because for how much I played them, I should be a lot better at them than I am.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H