This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate against AMD?

#1harcoreblazerPosted 9/10/2013 8:07:19 PM
Just asking.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#22Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/10/2013 8:08:29 PM
Not really hate, but if you are going to spend $200 on a gaming CPU there's not much reason to go AMD over Intel.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#3Ep1taph303Posted 9/10/2013 8:08:46 PM
#firstworldproblems
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#4SteamsterPosted 9/10/2013 8:09:59 PM
It's not hate, it's optimization.

If you can afford Intel or are doing actual work on your PC then you get Intel. If you're budgeting and only plan to game then you get AMD. Nvidia vs AMD isn't quite as big a deal but it's kind of sort of similar at times.
#5wizardmonPosted 9/10/2013 8:20:24 PM
http://youtu.be/Xe0FhacqEj0?t=38m30s
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6d209999Posted 9/10/2013 8:37:41 PM
Because AMD = FINISHED

It is known.
---
*under construction*
#7MarikhenPosted 9/16/2013 10:41:27 PM
Ep1taph303 posted...
#firstworldproblems

#thirdworldjealousy

____

AMD consistent continues to produce inferior CPUs for gaming and persistently refuses to do anything else. They've brought the quality of their graphics drivers up over the years, but their CPU side can't find their collective asses with both hands while a second person holding a flashlight in one hand and a webcam in the other while gives them instructions as they watch the cam feed.

I say that as someone who hasn't purchased an Intel CPU for a new PC or as an upgrade to an older PC since 1997. It's just the simple truth of the matter. AMD's CPUs do well for budget systems, especially "multimedia" budget systems and (very) low-end "gaming" rigs (read that as using APUs for the onboard GPU), and business machines, but for up and up gaming rigs they're an inferior product 95% of the time. The 5% of the time when AMD isn't the inferior CPU choice is usually when it's some reviewer playing a game you'll likely never play.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#8KamenRiderBladePosted 9/16/2013 11:07:37 PM
Most people don't do the research, but AMD is fine for it's price point.

I'm not saying that AMD will win the high end or even compete there like the old days, but for it's money, AMD's high end is worth it compared to a comparably priced Intel

People like to hate on AMD because it's easy to root for a winner.

It's hard to take the time to really investigate the performance of AMD and compare it against a comparable Intel and see the value.

In all honesty, I'll probably end up buying a AMD FX-8350 sometime in the near future. It's value to performance ratio is good enough that I find it a worthy upgrade.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/16/2013 11:31:08 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Most people don't do the research, but AMD is fine for it's price point.

I'm not saying that AMD will win the high end or even compete there like the old days, but for it's money, AMD's high end is worth it compared to a comparably priced Intel

People like to hate on AMD because it's easy to root for a winner.

It's hard to take the time to really investigate the performance of AMD and compare it against a comparable Intel and see the value.

In all honesty, I'll probably end up buying a AMD FX-8350 sometime in the near future. It's value to performance ratio is good enough that I find it a worthy upgrade.

TBH, 8350 isn't a very good deal. FX6300 is where AMD's value is at it's best. Anything else, and you may as well get an intel alternative.
It's kind of funny, though, that AMD tried to price the FX8 series as high as they did initially. $250 for something that gets trounced by $200 intel CPUs. It was so embarrassing that Intel actually raised their prices. :|
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#10RolloverBouncinPosted 9/16/2013 11:39:47 PM
Steamster posted...
It's not hate, it's optimization.

If you can afford Intel or are doing actual work on your PC then you get Intel. If you're budgeting and only plan to game then you get AMD. Nvidia vs AMD isn't quite as big a deal but it's kind of sort of similar at times.

This.
If your pc is also part of your work, investing on Intel is the better value. I chose amd for budget and none work related.
---
Only two console brands on the market: Nintendo and Xboxstation. There used to be three, but sadly the PlayStation identity died with the PS2.
- Emerald_Melios