This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 season pass worth it? Also Krieg the psycho worth it as well?

#1DARQ MXPosted 9/10/2013 8:14:16 PM
Decided to start up this game again and either get my 50 to a higher 50 with the level unlock and also beat the game again with a friend on co op. Would be fun too cause he never played it and I had a blast when this game first came out. IT was such an addiction but once you get to a 50. You're too OP and the game gets super boring. So I never got any DLCS.

What were the best DLCs? I want the one with the most weapons, fun story, things to do and bosses.

Or should I just spend the $30 an get the season pass?

Oh and last question. For my new character. Is it worth buying Psycho? Or should I just go through with someone else? Zer0 is my 50, and I started Gaige but shes at a level 12. I need to start at a level 1 with my buddy.
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#2DiviDudePosted 9/10/2013 8:19:29 PM
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is a must. It might even be better than the main game.

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty is good but nothing remarkable. A bit worse than the main game, but worth playing if you enjoy BL2.

Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt isn't very good. Skippable.
#3blakegallowayPosted 9/10/2013 8:26:48 PM
DiviDude posted...
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is a must. It might even be better than the main game.

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty is good but nothing remarkable. A bit worse than the main game, but worth playing if you enjoy BL2.

Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt isn't very good. Skippable.

Even though opinions vary, this is a good summary. Torgue's is probably the same as Scarlett's.

Krieg has very unique talents that take time to get used to. Some people would say it takes a a certain level to make him a good character.

But if you're on the fence about buying either, you should definitely wait for a sale. If they're not on sale before the Steam winter sale I'd be surprised.
#4StormKMDPosted 9/10/2013 8:29:41 PM
I'd say just wait for a sale and get what you want/ what is best.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#5DARQ MX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 5:56:32 AM
Well its tough cause my friend is gonna get me back into this game cause he wants to co-op with me and I might wanna get some of those awesome dlcs
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 9/11/2013 6:02:46 AM
Tiny Tina and Mr. Torgue are considered the best. However all of the dlc's do provide a pretty decent chunk of gameplay(20-30hours total) to the point where it might be better just to pick up the season pass, but if not then Tiny Tina would be the one to get.
---
Currently playing: Nier - Shadow Warrior Redux - Parasite Eve 2
#7sauruschamp1Posted 9/11/2013 6:14:04 AM
Krieg is definitely worthwhile once you get through the first couple of levels he becomes completely different to the other classes using release the beast you can pretty much use your action skill the whole time and bloodsplosion can do a ridiculous amount of damage not to mention the skill that lets you move while dieing.
Story DLC wise I would say get the season pass as it was worth it but if you had to pick the best ones I would say Tiny Tina and then Torgues were the best. On a plus side of getting the season pass you also get the first level cap increase dlc included.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#8DARQ MX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 6:16:15 AM
sauruschamp1 posted...
Krieg is definitely worthwhile once you get through the first couple of levels he becomes completely different to the other classes using release the beast you can pretty much use your action skill the whole time and bloodsplosion can do a ridiculous amount of damage not to mention the skill that lets you move while dieing.
Story DLC wise I would say get the season pass as it was worth it but if you had to pick the best ones I would say Tiny Tina and then Torgues were the best. On a plus side of getting the season pass you also get the first level cap increase dlc included.

oh ok. and I would assume you don't get characters with this season pass? How many level caps are there? Does it go to 70?
---
#9sauruschamp1Posted 9/11/2013 6:40:31 AM(edited)
The Season pass only includes the 4 story dlc and one level cap increase dlc which includes unlocking an extra playthrough of the main story and pearlecent loot and nothing else.

They have either just released or are about to release a second level cap increase which I beleive gets you to about 72 if you own both dlc.

I got gaige for preordering the game and think she is quite good as well; but kreig is definitely my favourite out of all the characters.

THey have also said they will be releasing some more dlc which will be based around a short mission and a raid boss at the end of each one with the first being a Halloween dlc based around TK Baha and the raid boss being a giant pumpkin headed monster.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#10Kosba_2142Posted 9/11/2013 7:57:03 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
Tiny Tina and Mr. Torgue are considered the best. However all of the dlc's do provide a pretty decent chunk of gameplay(20-30hours total) to the point where it might be better just to pick up the season pass, but if not then Tiny Tina would be the one to get.

Mr Torgue.. was considered the Best...? I was crying through it since it was just so goddamn.. boring.. I mean "YEAH YELLING EXPLOSIONS... CONSTANTLY.... okay I'm over it" was basically the feeling 1 or 2 hours into it.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...