This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Book of Unwritten tales collection now $10 on Steam

#1_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/11/2013 1:39:52 AM
This is the adventure people should be talking about instead of Heavy Rain and The Walkind Dead imo. If you like classic point and click adventures, then give it a try.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#2pothocketPosted 9/11/2013 5:35:35 AM
I recommend it too. The game feels like Monkey Island + Diskworld.

It can be tedious at times but still a good game.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3LusoryPrimePosted 9/11/2013 8:11:49 AM
Definitely pick these series up if you like PnC games of yore. I also recommend Primordia which is very old-school in its presentation (a la Full Throttle, The Dig, etc.) unlike The Book of Unwritten Tales.
---
PSN ID: Lusory_Prime | Steam: LusoryPrime
#4HaxnStashPosted 9/11/2013 8:19:21 AM
I am only missing the 2nd one, Critter Chronicles. From looking at it, it seems to be just an afterthought. Is it as good as the first one? Since it's a prequel, the Critter Chronicles should be played first isn't it?
#5LusoryPrimePosted 9/12/2013 7:51:34 AM
HaxnStash posted...
I am only missing the 2nd one, Critter Chronicles. From looking at it, it seems to be just an afterthought. Is it as good as the first one? Since it's a prequel, the Critter Chronicles should be played first isn't it?

Actually I think the CC is very good and in some ways better than the first one. It doesn't have the depth of story and characters of the first game but it does have harder and more elaborate puzzles. You can also turn object highlighting on and off to make things trickier. I found the first game to be a bit easy in puzzle terms.

While it is a prequel I think you can play them in their release order if you wish. It doesn't matter too much, really. It's not like Drakensang where RoT has many more convenience features than the first game (Dark Eye).
---
PSN ID: Lusory_Prime | Steam: LusoryPrime