This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Humble Indie Bundle 9

#81TheChosen0ne-Posted 9/12/2013 2:38:50 PM
FTL is f***ing amazing how about the others?
#82xanthan1Posted 9/12/2013 2:45:09 PM
Senkoy posted...
Brutal Legend isn't even an idie game. It's a whole game and it's awesome. I highly recommend that game.

Learn what Indie means. Independently Published, as in the developer publishing it, like Double Fine making and then publishing the game themselves.

It's an indie game, you just don't know what it means.
#83gastamanPosted 9/12/2013 2:59:58 PM(edited)
xanthan1 posted...
Senkoy posted...
Brutal Legend isn't even an idie game. It's a whole game and it's awesome. I highly recommend that game.

Learn what Indie means. Independently Published, as in the developer publishing it, like Double Fine making and then publishing the game themselves.

Brutal Legend was published by EA on the consoles. Does that mean it's an Indie game on PC, but not an Indie game on consoles??? I think you're "Indie game" definition is flawed.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#84Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 1:05:14 AM
TheChosen0ne- posted...
FTL is f***ing amazing how about the others?

MOTN Is awesome, Fez is ok if you can run it, Trine 2 is great, not sure about others.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#85SenkoyPosted 9/14/2013 3:55:50 AM
xanthan1 posted...
Senkoy posted...

Regardless, indie games are smaller, lower budget games. I should've used a better term than "whole game" but I'm not sure how else to refer to it as.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#86R i c kPosted 9/14/2013 6:54:09 AM
Already had all the games I was interested in but I beat the minimum just for support because it's a good bundle. I'll probably redeem MotN and do a giveaway for the rest at some point. They could always add some stuff, too, which is another reason I got it.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#87Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:14:03 AM
The above average games will be revealed tommorow, I believe, maybe today though.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#88xanthan1Posted 9/17/2013 8:32:53 AM
Senkoy posted...
xanthan1 posted...
Senkoy posted...

Regardless, indie games are smaller, lower budget games. I should've used a better term than "whole game" but I'm not sure how else to refer to it as.

An indie game made by people who had a decent budget. Indie does not mean small or low budget.
#89KillerTrufflePosted 9/17/2013 9:18:31 AM
Senkoy posted...

Budget and game size have next to nothing to do with "indie" games, even if that is the misperception many people have since the majority of indie games are small - or even solo - developers. Indie means *explicitly* independently published, like they said above.

Planetary Annihilation is an indie game, but it is by no means "small," and I would not call $2.2 million "low budget." It's no GTAV, but it's not what I'd call small.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#90Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:00:05 AM
new games added
---