This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer won't turn on

#1TwinqePosted 9/11/2013 11:25:21 AM
Hello! I've had the system in my signature for maybe a week. I went to go eat dinner, came back, and my system was off while I had left it on before dinner. I turned it on, and the PSU fan spins for maybe 1 second, then stops. My motherboard LEDs light up, but not the case fan LEDs. I have removed my GPU and the problem still persists. I've checked the cables and none of them appear to be touching the motherboard with metal. I've tried using different power outlets with the same result. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? My CPU and GPU never were above 50 degrees celsius even when gaming, and everything else worked perfectly before the problem started. I am going to test the PSU with the paper clip test when I can get a paper clip to see whether that is the culprit. Thanks for any help you can provide.
---
i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | MSI Z77A-G45 | MSI GTX 760 | Corsair GS 600 | Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | CM Storm Scout II
#2fataliPosted 9/11/2013 11:44:35 AM
It could be the PSU, or the motherboard.

Cheapest one to test is the PSU, if you change it and still doesn't turn on, then is probably the motherboard.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#3Twinqe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 11:50:26 AM
The PSU passed the paper clip test. Upon re-inserting the 8 and 24 pin connectors to the motherboard, the system booted on and stayed on. What? Sometimes I don't understand these machines. I swear I checked both of them the first time...
---
i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | MSI Z77A-G45 | MSI GTX 760 | Corsair GS 600 | Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | CM Storm Scout II