This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is the best gaming mouse in the range of 50-100 GBP?

#1galfasanta1111Posted 9/11/2013 12:09:06 PM
I could go a bit higher if needed. (up to 125)

I am looking to get a new gaming mouse, and am able to splurge :P What do you guys recommend?
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#2IronSasquatchPosted 9/11/2013 12:10:43 PM
Corsair M95. I have one and I love it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816012
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#3Dragonspawn1319Posted 9/11/2013 12:18:25 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
Corsair M95. I have one and I love it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816012

I have an m95 as well and can agree it's a great mouse.

But if I had to buy a new mouse today I'd probably either go with a logitech g600 (wasn't available when I bought my m95) or the razer deathadder if I didn't want the thumb buttons.
#4reincarnator07Posted 9/11/2013 12:32:09 PM
What sort of games do you play? Little point recommending something with a million buttons if you only play shooters.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#5galfasanta1111(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 12:42:19 PM
I play FPS games (Borderlands, Fallour), Strategy (Civilization). MMO's at time, though not a lot.

Basically a wide category of games, I don't stick to a single genre.
---
#6_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/11/2013 1:00:15 PM(edited)
There is no such thing as a "best" gaming mouse, since a lot of them use the same or similar sensors and the thing that makes one better than another is very personal and subjective, depending on your habits and particular anatomy.

If there is such a thing as "best" then I say it is about the quality of the sensor. Things to look for, though not everyone would agree, are a low lift of distance, high max perfect tracking speed, no prediction, no acceleration, responsive buttons with some tactile feedback and with a light weight. But even among these things opinions differ. Some people do not care about prediction, or do not mind mice over 100 grams, or are annoyed by too low of a lift of distance. Some people also prefer heavier huano switches compared to omron.

One thing I will say, is that acceleration is always to be avoided. Having not only distance traveled, but also speed with which the mouse is moved influence how the cursor moves is bad. Especially when playing at low sensitivity and doing a lot of long sweeps at variable speeds. That said, acceleration can have its use. In some games people enjoy the "built in" sensitivity adjustment that you get with acceleration. However, even when that is the case, it is better to have the option and use software acceleration. An added bonus is that you will know whether it is consistent, which is not so easy to figure out with hardware acceleration.

The last thing to consider is the kind of game you will play with it. If you are playing, say, an MMO, people like mice with tons of buttons, which then becomes the most important feature. If you play a twitch reaction FPS on low sens, light mice with superior sensors are often preferred etc.

For me personally, something like the M95 is not as mouse I would want to use. It is really, really heavy. The side-buttons are still too hard to press like its predecessor. It has something to do with the angle under which the buttons need to be pressed. The avago laser sensor is fine and not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but when I pay that kind of money for a mouse, I would rather choose something with a sensor that has none of its drawbacks. But that is me personally. I can easily see how this mouse might suit someone with different preferences, and who plays different kind of games.

Mice that are often considered "good" in terms of sensor and having no obvious flaws are the various incarnations of the Deathadder, most of the Zowie mice like the FK, the G400(S) and other optical mice like that. Generally they are not the flagship models with 5000+ DPI , adjustable weights, adjustable lights, and that weight 140 grams. When it comes to bang for buck excellent optical mice, the G400(S) is always a popular recommendation. Though the shape has to work for you. I like more simple ambidextrous mice.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#7galfasanta1111(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 2:40:26 PM
I suppose having a fair amount of buttons on the side of a mouse is important for me. Not as many as I see with "MMO" mouses, with like 12 buttons. But 3 or 4 is plenty.

I have big hands too (big, not Shaquille O Neal size!!) so i'd like a mouse I get a firm grip on. Right handed is cool for me.
---
#8Eclypse9810Posted 9/11/2013 3:07:45 PM
galfasanta1111 posted...
I suppose having a fair amount of buttons on the side of a mouse is important for me. Not as many as I see with "MMO" mouses, with like 12 buttons. But 3 or 4 is plenty.

I have big hands too (big, not Shaquille O Neal size!!) so i'd like a mouse I get a firm grip on. Right handed is cool for me.

M95 is a pretty big mouse, so it should fit you fairly well. The side buttons also don't get in the way, I've used the mouse for a while not and haven't accidentally clicked any of them yet.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.