This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GOG Sale

#31BuburibonPosted 9/11/2013 5:18:46 PM
arleas posted...
So, I did some research on GOG's forums and found people talking about how some of the games (which did not have an official DRM-free version at the time) were cracked using the very same cracks, or pre-cracked executables found in the pirated versions circulating online

Steam had the exact same situation with Max Payne 2... rather than fix the DRM for steam, they just used a crack.
http://kotaku.com/5537223/is-that-a-cracked-version-of-max-payne-2-on-steam

It's not necessarily GoG's fault.... it could just be lazy ass developers.

That's really interesting, thank you. I'll definitely make a mental note of it in case it happens again. :-)
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#32lionheart5656Posted 9/11/2013 5:46:11 PM
DownSouth113 posted...
that sucks.... appreciate the answer

"You mean I won't be tied to DRM and have complete freedom in using the items I've bought? F***! I f***ing hate freedom. Damn it! Why can't I just be a sheep for the love of god WHY!?!?!?"

Ok TC. You enjoy being ridiculous. Bye now.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#33AmphaxPosted 9/12/2013 3:48:47 PM
Buburibon posted...
arleas posted...
So, I did some research on GOG's forums and found people talking about how some of the games (which did not have an official DRM-free version at the time) were cracked using the very same cracks, or pre-cracked executables found in the pirated versions circulating online

Steam had the exact same situation with Max Payne 2... rather than fix the DRM for steam, they just used a crack.
http://kotaku.com/5537223/is-that-a-cracked-version-of-max-payne-2-on-steam

It's not necessarily GoG's fault.... it could just be lazy ass developers.

That's really interesting, thank you. I'll definitely make a mental note of it in case it happens again. :-)

Yeah I think that Ubisoft did that once too, used a crack to fix an error with the DRM O_o

(wow that kotaku article mentions it)

Thanks for explaining Buburibon -- interesting gaming experience you had there!
---
Amphax, Ampharos with an ax
II Timothy 4:22-The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.
#34xanthan1Posted 9/12/2013 3:55:49 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
DownSouth113 posted...
that sucks.... appreciate the answer

"You mean I won't be tied to DRM and have complete freedom in using the items I've bought? F***! I f***ing hate freedom. Damn it! Why can't I just be a sheep for the love of god WHY!?!?!?"

Ok TC. You enjoy being ridiculous. Bye now.

Or, and you really should try actually thinking about these things before posting, he likes all his games being in one conveint place instead of spread between multiple services, a shocking(and obvious to anyone with a damn brain) idea for you, I'm sure.
#35HaxnStashPosted 9/12/2013 5:32:22 PM
I like services like Steam and Origin because of the convenience of downloading and installing the games. That and the auto patching.

But I don't really care. As long as the game is very cheap, and it's something I like, I won't care. As long as it's not Ubisoft's (and Blizzard's) stupid DRMs.