This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've become hopelessly cynical about video games.

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 9/11/2013 6:18:00 PM
My standards are so high that minor flaws in the presentation will annoy me or if I've heard that the game has AI problems. I'm not like this with movies, books, or music. With those, I'll appreciate and understand flaws. But with gaming, I've become incredibly jaded. I'll take a break, come back, and things are better for a while but give it a few weeks and ... still jaded. It's kinda sad.

I imagine part of it is being on gaming boards like GameFAQs or wherever because the negative community is REALLY a downer. Perhaps I should stop trying to talk about games with anyone for a while.
#2steveboblarryPosted 9/11/2013 6:30:48 PM
Why would you take gamefaqs that seriously, you can get some useful information to questions you have about computers, but alot of the people here are straight up clowns.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#3TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 6:36:06 PM
I'm not taking it seriously in any intentional way, but like I'm figuring it might be a subconscious thing
#4second2n0nePosted 9/11/2013 6:38:02 PM
Take a break for awhile. Read a book or something.
---
#5NingishzidaPosted 9/11/2013 6:45:00 PM(edited)
It's not you or this board, gaming just simply sucks ass right now

Gaming has sucked for the last decade, it will suck for another 5 years at least.

That's why there are so many trolls and "nostalgia" ppl.
#6cody4783Posted 9/11/2013 6:46:01 PM
Amount of time to play games directly correlates to how critical I am of the ones I'm playing.

When I had all the time in the world to play, and only a handful of games to enjoy....Lots of things could slip by.

When I have a couple hours a day, and hundreds of games I'm interested in/could be playing, anything that makes the time I am playing sub-optimal becomes a bit more of an issue.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#7steveboblarryPosted 9/11/2013 6:49:22 PM
Ningishzida posted...
It's not you or this board, gaming just simply sucks ass right now

Gaming has sucked for the last decade, it will suck for another 5 years at least.

That's why there are so many trolls and "nostalgia" ppl.

-_-
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#8donbrifwayPosted 9/11/2013 6:50:02 PM
cody4783 posted...
Amount of time to play games directly correlates to how critical I am of the ones I'm playing.

When I had all the time in the world to play, and only a handful of games to enjoy....Lots of things could slip by.

When I have a couple hours a day, and hundreds of games I'm interested in/could be playing, anything that makes the time I am playing sub-optimal becomes a bit more of an issue.

I completely agree with this.
---
Steam: donbrifway
Origin: donbr1fway
#9VoelgerPosted 9/11/2013 7:11:00 PM
When I get like this I go back to my roots, or play simpler non AAA indie games that can reignite your gaming passion.

My recommendations

FTL- just video game design at its best, plus a great soundtrack

Amnesia or outlast- non AAA that is very focused on being what they are, not trying to be everything like most modern games

Rogue legacy- simple

Shadowrun returns- old school
Dust an Elysian tale- old school
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#10TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 7:17:23 PM
Voelger posted...
When I get like this I go back to my roots, or play simpler non AAA indie games that can reignite your gaming passion.

My recommendations

FTL- just video game design at its best, plus a great soundtrack

Amnesia or outlast- non AAA that is very focused on being what they are, not trying to be everything like most modern games

Rogue legacy- simple

Shadowrun returns- old school
Dust an Elysian tale- old school

This kinda stuff is all I play anyhow... I think maybe I just need a long break or something