This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've become hopelessly cynical about video games.

#41MasterDonGeroPosted 9/12/2013 10:56:19 AM
Goldninja posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
This is kinda what I'm going through, though it's also influenced by some of my many character, mental, and emotional flaws. Tomb Raider is getting difficult to play, and there isn't even anything that I think is wrong with it.

Tomb Raider had a rough start. It was a QTE fest and it nearly made me quit. It's a decent game but I don't see myself ever playing it again.

Yeah, also in chase scenes, you can't use the mouse to change directions. It's a pain in the ass. I'm half-way through at the moment. Good thing I didn't pay full price for it, or I'd be kicking myself.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#42HighOnPhazonPosted 9/12/2013 11:36:37 AM
Ningishzida posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
elitist comic book guy from the Simpsons. They are so cynical and filled with bitter sarcasm that I cant help but laugh.

likening me to a character from a pop-culture rabble animated comedy just shows how classy and cultivated you are.

And I rest my case
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB / Corsair TX650
#43matu90rkPosted 9/12/2013 11:48:31 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Ningishzida posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
elitist comic book guy from the Simpsons. They are so cynical and filled with bitter sarcasm that I cant help but laugh.

likening me to a character from a pop-culture rabble animated comedy just shows how classy and cultivated you are.

And I rest my case

Yeah I see your point, I think everybody here it's already used to paying him no mind.
#44NingishzidaPosted 9/12/2013 11:53:19 AM
matu90rk posted...
Yeah I see your point, I think everybody here it's already used to paying him no mind.

you guys so got me worked out

awh yeah
#45CC RicersPosted 9/12/2013 12:14:47 PM
Ningishzida posted...
this drivel was posted as the subject of a topic awhile back:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/15/gone-home-review

typical IGN article

filled with cliches and worn out expressions from 1st year art students that you'd blush to use even 10 years ago, like "stark juxtaposition"

my fave part is "uncountable innocuous nick-nacks", its like the "writer" is experimenting with the English language for the very first time.

sad part is, instead of being sacked for unoriginality and crimes against humanity, he prob actually got paid for the dross.

I've seen bad reviews go the other way around, with overusing the word "decent" to describe everything.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#46NingishzidaPosted 9/12/2013 12:22:21 PM(edited)
CC Ricers posted...
I've seen bad reviews go the other way around, with overusing the word "decent" to describe everything.

"It's good for what it is"

"What it set out to do, it succeeded in"

etc.

decent is a euphemism for abysmal.
#47NingishzidaPosted 9/17/2013 1:41:23 AM
bump

did i win this topic too? ^_^
#48InfernalDragon5Posted 9/17/2013 9:36:35 AM
Voelger posted...
When I get like this I go back to my roots, or play simpler non AAA indie games that can reignite your gaming passion.

My recommendations

FTL- just video game design at its best, plus a great soundtrack

Amnesia or outlast- non AAA that is very focused on being what they are, not trying to be everything like most modern games

Rogue legacy- simple

Shadowrun returns- old school
Dust an Elysian tale- old school

This pretty much.

I can't stand to play a AAA game anymore. Usually what happens is I open it up for about 1 hour, get bored, and never get back to it. They just don't have any charm or inspiration in them, and they are all pretty much the same exact game of every genre. I think maybe the last AAA game I beat was DMC and Far Cry 3 and I never replayed them.

Pretty much all I have been playing since Spring time are pokemon hacks, FTL, Rogue Legacy, and AI wars.