This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD = Finished

#1Panzer_SquidPosted 9/11/2013 7:01:20 PM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7314/intel-baytrail-preview-intel-atom-z3770-tested/4

Furreal pets this time. Intel's got their number

http://techreport.com/news/25351/bay-trail-to-fuel-asus-convertible-dell-tablet-loads-of-notebooks-and-desktops

140 design wins while Temash and Kabini have ****

Only thing left for AMD is graphics cards
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#2PathlessBulletPosted 9/11/2013 7:06:02 PM
I'm sure glad AMD manufactures the superior products for a lower cost when it comes to GPU's.

AMD = .....SUCCESS!?
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#3SenkoyPosted 9/11/2013 7:20:19 PM
The problem with AMD going graphics cards only is that Intel will no longer have competition and stop trying since people will have to buy their chips. That would be bad.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#4Tiberius1151Posted 9/11/2013 7:20:47 PM
Ok.
---
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke
#5Panzer_Squid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 7:30:14 PM
Senkoy posted...
The problem with AMD going graphics cards only is that Intel will no longer have competition and stop trying since people will have to buy their chips. That would be bad.

Intel's biggest competitor for the consumer market is ARM anyway. To be honest, AMD hasn't been much of a competitor in the past few years. When I say consumer I mean people who play facebook games, use office to type a paper, and browse the web. If Intel "stops trying" then ARM will win over the consumer market.
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#6MasterDonGeroPosted 9/11/2013 9:02:14 PM
Panzer_Squid posted...
Senkoy posted...

Intel's biggest competitor for the consumer market is ARM anyway. To be honest, AMD hasn't been much of a competitor in the past few years. When I say consumer I mean people who play facebook games, use office to type a paper, and browse the web. If Intel "stops trying" then ARM will win over the consumer market.

He probably means the desktop market. I mean, basically, Intel is just ****ting all over AMD in that department. At the moment, I wouldn't even consider AMD for a CPU. AMD needs to step it up big time. I'm no fanboy, and no one should be, because if Intel stays so far ahead, these measly 5% increases in performance between generations will continue to happen. I would absolutely LOVE AMD to release a processor that beats an Intel clock for clock, because 1). I'd probably buy it, and 2). it puts a fire under Intel's ass.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#7Flaktrooper123Posted 9/11/2013 9:04:43 PM
Ok, that means I am getting Haswell. No more second thoughts.

I am waiting for their new graphics card though. At least AMD is not doing badly on that part.
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/11/2013 9:17:39 PM
Pretty sad that Intel can completely ditch the desktop market and still come out on top.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#9darkstar4221Posted 9/12/2013 1:20:03 AM(edited)
Yeah Intel is very close to monopolizing the market thanks to patent law, although as of now you can consider them a monopoly.

The problem is patents as well as other ip laws such as sui genrus covers semiconductor chips. You want to talk about corporate protectionism, if I owned a company who manufacturers semiconductor chips and my company produces cpus that were similar to the i5 series, I would be fined and my company would be shut down because intel owns the "design" of the i5 chipsets.

This is the philosophical problem of patent law, that ideas are considered a property right, this isn't even dealing with the issue of piracy and copyright because there is no piracy here. No one should need a license to manufacturer and sell cpus whether be an x86 cpu, powerpc cpu, or a tegra 4 processor. Without patent law covering chip designs, cpus would be much cheaper and more widely available then they are now.
#10East WestPosted 9/12/2013 1:20:41 AM
isn't AMD making graphics chips for all the next gen consoles?
---
see you space cowboy