This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you plan to give up gaming? (18 plus, which you should be anyway)

#121maybecallsPosted 9/12/2013 7:44:49 AM
Rayder posted...
I'm 45. With how greedy the gaming industry has become, I'm essentially done with gaming. I still play older games, but I don't buy new games anymore. I don't like digital distribution. I have yet to buy any game as "just a download". If I can't get a game on a disk, in a box, on a shelf, in a store, then I don't bother with it. I don't like how they now sell you half-games and then DLC you to death for the rest of the game. I don't like being forced to log in to anywhere just to play my single-player game. And I couldn't care less about mult-player at all.

Video games have become a scam. Too self-important for their own good. I'll have none of it because I'm not a sucker.

I only started buying games via digital download because that was the only way to buy the M & B Warband: Napoleonic Wars DLC. I only installed Steam to play Warband in the first place. No way I'd want to go back to buying games on disc now, though. It's much better like this imo. I don't see where scamming comes into it.
#122NitharadPosted 9/12/2013 7:46:41 AM
When I'm physically unable to do so anymore... or dead.
Or our draconian goverments outlaw all forms of entertainment to make us more controllable.

Or I dunno... when the singularity hits and we become gods born from technology able to explore the universe?
#123Game-XpertPosted 9/12/2013 7:56:51 AM
Till the day I die.
---
<TBA>
#124rosa_fan_84piPosted 9/12/2013 8:00:03 AM
Never in all actually and I'm 29.
#125KeyBlade999Posted 9/12/2013 8:11:31 AM
17 and never.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#126jrb363Posted 9/12/2013 8:22:07 AM

Give up gaming: When I'm dead and they pry the controller from my cold, limp hands.
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
#127ChrisZewskiPosted 9/12/2013 8:25:23 AM
When i no longer enjoy it.

#128SeltoxPosted 9/12/2013 8:29:36 AM
When I don't enjoy it any more - and I can't see that ever happening. It's like asking if I'll ever stop watching movies or reading books. If I have the time for it, I'll always manage to find a game, movie, book, hobby, etc that I will enjoy.

I may come to dislike the majority of games that are released, but there will always be games out there that I'll love putting time into.
---
PSN: Seltox
#129TheMisfitPosted 9/12/2013 8:31:32 AM
dakondakblade posted...
Maybe in my 40's

Fun fact; when I worked at Mindshare (Media Agency ) Microsoft came in and told us that the average gamer is in their 30's.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713502/esas-gamer-study-average-player-37-42-percent-of-gamers-female/

That study/article also shows that gamers are steadily increasing. One thing to note is that " Angry Birds " " Candycrush " and w/e else mobile games they have out there count as " video games "

So a banker in his later 60's playing Angry Birds to kill time counts as a " video gamer "

The average age group will only get more expansive as the initial gaming generation gets older (kids born in the 70's and 80's).
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#130EVILBRENDAPosted 9/12/2013 8:32:02 AM
I'm 41 and play every day. I like digital distribution. I live in a part of the US called the Bible Belt which translated in the 80's to "Video games are the devil!". So I missed out on a lot of great titles and imports. Now that I'm older I can actually play all those titles I missed when I was younger. I'll give up cigarettes before I give up gaming. I will say my choice in games has changed some the past ten years. Like the CoD franchise can burn in hell. And RPG's are starting to get on my nerves. Age I guess.

My dad is 67 and plays nearly everyday. One of my best friends parents are also in their mid 60's and have been playing WoW since the beta. I have another friend whose mother is hooked on Borderlands 2. She swears it keeps her blood pressure down.
---
PSN: cavesitter/Live: cavesitter
Battlelog Info is cavesitter1 Don't ask.