This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you plan to give up gaming? (18 plus, which you should be anyway)

#151xLexLuth0rxPosted 9/12/2013 9:49:30 AM
First, as many others have said... bad poll! Where is my 'never' option??

cody4783 posted...
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
This poll is dumb, there needs to be a 'never' option.

Theoretically, Infinity could be more than 20 years.

Nope. That answer implies that you will give up gaming at some point beyond 20 years. I never intend to stop. Ever.
---
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
"And like that, *poof*. He's gone."
#152StilgharPosted 9/12/2013 9:59:45 AM
kiah posted...
OK, I'm 64, and I love gaming.

I'm also old enough to remember that lots of older people (relative to me) have been complaining about how crappy "current" movies/music/books/"all entertainment" are compared to the masterpieces of yesteryear ever since I was old enough to understand speech.

It seems that the way we entertain ourselves continues to evolve just as people do. The pendulum swings back and forth, and we can bellyache about it or just look for the fun.

I don't ever plan to give up gaming, although I reserve the right to wince at some of the changes from time to time--but it also helps keep my outlook young when I try to find the fun in the new games.

My dad is 97 (last month) and still watches movies and reads books--and makes a joke a minute and thinks life is lots of fun. It's all about attitude.

I love you. :)
---
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work."
--Sophocles
#153gfaqsterPosted 9/12/2013 10:06:57 AM
when I'm old like 90 I see myself sitting in a chair playing the PS12 or whatever else is out and having a blast.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#154freepeacesweetPosted 9/12/2013 10:09:37 AM
How long am I playing for? Ever. You know its a long time so you take the for of that mo fo.
---
I find that the more i practise, the luckier i get.
#155LostSoldier20Posted 9/12/2013 10:12:36 AM
My mom can beast through the Donkey Kong Country games, and I watched her do it on many occasions.

I intend on being a grandparent playing video games with my grandkids. Mario Party (as long as it isn't 1 for blisters and 9 for boringness) never looses its fun factor. Who knows what else there will be to play?
---
I am thou, and thou are I.
#156CroutonmanPosted 9/12/2013 10:24:22 AM
I'm 34 and I'm still gaming. I'd rather do that than mindlessly sit around watching TV on a week night after work when I have nothing else better to do. However, if I wasn't single I would probably game less. In short, never, I will always find time.
#157AnthonnyPosted 9/12/2013 10:30:35 AM
I shant!
---
Whoomp! There it is.
#158CBZ652Posted 9/12/2013 10:40:38 AM
I don't ever plan to give up gaming, but I won't buy new games when it goes all digital or there is no way out of ridiculous anti-consumer/anti-privacy policies ala XBONE's original argument.

As of this post, I have 681 games, though, so even when I bow out of buying new games, I will have plenty to keep me entertained for life.
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#159drclaeysPosted 9/12/2013 10:42:49 AM
Friends,

Im 50 years old. I have a good job. I can buy any console and any game any time. Of course I Dont, but its not a matter of money.

I can see my skills getting worse and worse. my fingers are not as quick, my eye sight is not as good, I have a lower and lower threshold for frustration.

so when games get to hard, I might quite. Or just play my old games. I still want to go back and play my ps2 games again. I have 120+ of them, so that might take me 5 years.

If the trend continues to make an option for games to be MORE casual. LIke mass effect 3 and saint row 4. Then I might continue playing.

I dont think anyone can pin point any age. Good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#160_BristowPosted 9/12/2013 10:43:25 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
This is a bad topic, as expected by a laptop "gamer"

The difference between laptop and pc gamers is friends.
---
Everytime I post on this website I make the world a better place.