This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is AVG a good antivirus?.

#11xanthan1Posted 9/11/2013 8:26:36 PM(edited)
Ningishzida posted...
lol @ good anti-v
lol @ good + free

I love GameFAQs.

No, you are just full of ****. MSE is free, it does it's job well, and everyone is going to laugh when you get a virus and don't notice till it's too late because you forgot to get any defense.

Whether you need it or not having having it at all just incase is better the needing and looking like a dumbass when you don't have it. Think of it like a flu shot, sure you won't need if it your careful, but it doesn't cost much(or in MSE's case anything at all) and it's one thing to worry a bit less about.
#12NingishzidaPosted 9/11/2013 8:29:27 PM
lol flu shots

like anti-v, they cause more probs than they solve
#13xanthan1Posted 9/11/2013 8:32:08 PM(edited)
Ningishzida posted...
lol flu shots

like anti-v, they cause more probs than they solve

Yes, the idiots who blame them for their kids being screwed up are a big problem, but they aren't worse then more people getting the flu. Get a reality check.
#14SteamsterPosted 9/11/2013 8:33:25 PM
Ignore Ningishzida. The guy is a joke. Pretty sure he's a bitter and lonely shutin becuase about every other thing he says just screams lonely and bitter.
#15mikewu1Posted 9/11/2013 8:46:37 PM
AVG is fine as an AV.
#16ajko000Posted 9/11/2013 10:39:51 PM
I was using it for a year until I got fed up with how bad it actually is compared to Avast.

Just get Avast, that's all you need alongside Adblock.

On that note, DO NOT use any of the "optimizations" AVG tries to get you to use, free or not. They will destroy your computer, more or less. Just don't do it, if anything just use free AVG, update and set your settings, and leave it be. I still recommend that you uninstall it and get Avast.
#17Erik212Posted 9/11/2013 10:44:50 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Nothing is free, you pay for it one way or another.

The benefit MS gets is at no cost to the end user. Their platform gets an improved reputation regarding malware and that's all the return they need. No data mining required.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#18NingishzidaPosted 9/11/2013 10:50:37 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Yes, the idiots who blame them for their kids being screwed up are a big problem, but they aren't worse then more people getting the flu. Get a reality check.

are you still using "then" instead of "than", i guess i'll keep pointing it out to you since you're evidently a bit slow on the uptake.
#19NingishzidaPosted 9/11/2013 10:54:45 PM
ajko000 posted...
They will destroy your computer, more or less.

indeed.

and then offer to fix it with a malware pop-up, for a sum.
#20_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/12/2013 12:38:46 AM
Every year they compare the top anti-virus and check their detection rates. Usually, they are all just a few percentage points different from each other.

However, some of them offer better/ more features, some of them use less resources, and some of them have better user interfaces.

Overall, AVG is alright but it would not be my first choice. It will do the job though.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H