This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there going to be a Steam 10th anniversary sale?

#11claytonbuckleyPosted 9/12/2013 1:59:59 AM(edited)
With this new trading cards thing, you should always be excited for a Steam sale regardless of how 'lackluster' you think they are.

If you don't get a few free games during a sale, you're doing it wrong.
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#12Ikari GendoPosted 9/12/2013 5:44:37 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Name tons of them that weren't on sale.

Well, a blue ray disk weighs about 0.58 ounces. We'll round that up to 0.6 for simplicity. Next, we will take take the sixteen ounces in a pound and divide it by 0.6 which leaves us with 26.6 repeating. Again for simplicity, we will round that up to 27 blue ray disks in a pound..
Next, we are going to multiply the amount of blue ray disks in a pound by the 2,000 pounds in a ton which puts us at 54,000 different PS3 games that he has to name.

To resolve this issue, we will take the following steps.
Information in a computer doesn't weigh anything.

Tons is plural.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#13LordOfLegaciesPosted 9/13/2013 12:17:31 AM
My bad, don't know how I got blue ray and PS3 into my head here. But let's assume that DVDs weigh the same as blue ray disks, and with the plural of tons, we're talking at least 108,000. But from the context, one would normally be referring to at least 3 tons, so let's say 162,000.

Does Steam even have that many games? I know they carry a lot of indie and shovelware titles, but that seems to be stretching a bit.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#14TimePharaohPosted 9/13/2013 12:19:56 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...
got blue ray
blue ray disks

wut
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#15Relentless639Posted 9/13/2013 2:17:28 AM
It's not the problem of already owning what I want.
In fact I am quite OK with what I have being on sale because me myself haven't been a user from the start and I benefited from the repeats.

The problem is that the discounts aren't as strong as they used to be 2 years ago and even games I have gotten for -75% they often only go to -50 to -66%, and no, they didn't drop their base price. You can tell it's an effect of Steam having many more users and not needing to cause as much impact with great sales to grow like before.
And by Steam I don't mean Steam itself, but the collective of companies involved.
#16ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 9/13/2013 2:20:34 AM
There'd better be? what are you going to do if there isn't? Whine some more? Why did you make another topic about this?

Goddamn, the entitlement some people have.
---
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#17Golden_GonadsPosted 9/13/2013 2:47:08 AM
You didn't hear? Strange, I thought everyone knew. Gaben got so fed up with your whining (Yes, you in particular), that he's decided against ever having any major sales again.

Thanks a sodding lot.
#18SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/13/2013 6:47:38 AM(edited)
LostHisHardcore posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Steam sales have been pretty lackluster this past year anyways...

Pff, you only say that because you've already bought all the games you wanted in previous sales.
Here's a tip, don't buy anything for a couple of years then hit the sales again.

I'm not discounting that(as I went totally overboard last summer), but lately it seems like they are watering it down a LOT with early access games as features.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#19KidInTheHallPosted 9/13/2013 7:14:05 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
LordOfLegacies posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Name tons of them that weren't on sale.

a blue ray disk
blue ray disks in a pound..
blue ray disks

wut

Cocaines a helluva drug.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#20Zohar_MetatronPosted 9/13/2013 8:00:37 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
LostHisHardcore posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Steam sales have been pretty lackluster this past year anyways...

Pff, you only say that because you've already bought all the games you wanted in previous sales.
Here's a tip, don't buy anything for a couple of years then hit the sales again.

The amount of repeating sales was a glaring flaw in this years summer sale.

While I'll agree there could stand to be more variety among the deal types...you do realize that games on sale for a smaller discount then you might like still qualifies as a sale, and that the flash/community deals have only been around for three sales now, meaning that there were still a lot more featured titles then there have been in sales past?

Sinfullyvannila posted...
lately it seems like they are watering it down a LOT with early access games as features.

Out of ten "featured" sales, two were early access, and both of them are popular titles that are fully playable, even if they're not feature-complete. There were only a handful more among the rest of the dailies as well. OH NO SO MUCH EARLY ACCESS
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.