This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I would just like to say that Origin is really as bad as everyone says

#21LostHisHardcorePosted 9/11/2013 11:04:42 PM
I didn't like it.
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#22cynicwithin2000Posted 9/11/2013 11:06:25 PM
DerPancake posted...
LostHisHardcore posted...
I installed Origin once, to play BF3 then when I realised BF3 used a browser to launch I quickly uninstalled both

If it was on Steam it wouldn't been the same thing, and whats wrong with BattleLog?

There is nothing wrong with battlelog. Whiny little girls like to complain about how origin is not steam, even though steam does the same crap that origin does.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |
#23LostHisHardcorePosted 9/11/2013 11:25:18 PM(edited)
Steam is well established, Origin is not. Plus it's rubbish and their sales suck. Battlelogs stats were ok but it didn't work in Opera (back then and I can't be bothered to reinstall to see if the webkit version works or not) also, modern warfare games bore me. And there's not enough good games on Origin to intice me back in yet.
Don't mind me though, you keep calling others you don't agree with whiny little girls whilst you prove your manliness by posting your computer specs in your sig.
---
#24DerPancakePosted 9/11/2013 11:47:55 PM
Steam is well established, Origin is not. Plus it's rubbish and their sales suck. Battlelogs stats were ok but it didn't work in Opera (back then and I can't be bothered to reinstall to see if the webkit version works or not) also, modern warfare games bore me. And there's not enough good games on Origin to intice me back in yet.
Don't mind me though, you keep calling others you don't agree with whiny little girls whilst you prove your manliness by posting your computer specs in your sig.

He can call me a whiny little girl all he wants.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#25_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/12/2013 12:31:47 AM(edited)
People need to understand that Steam having the monopoly in digital distribution of games is not in the consumer's interest.

They also need to understand that the thing Origin is most notorious for, keeping the titles of the publisher exclusive to their download service, is a strategy that was pioneered by Valve with their games, which they later even started doing with 3rd party games like Skyrim. It is their aggressive control of digital distribution that likely contributed to other large publishers with a means of doing so, to control their own digital distribution. EA and Blizzard (which is technically both producer and publisher) are two examples of this.

People feel as though they are better off with Steam, because let's be honest, with the sales in summer and around christmas, you can not really complain about the prices. But there are also negative things that we see that is a result of their position in the market. The artificially high prices for COD games is one example of a pricing strategy that is only viable because of their position in the market. Without competition and with games being exclusively available on their download platform, that also now means that you leave your entire PC gaming experience in the hands of this one company.

In an ideal world, all games would be released on multiple download platforms as well as in normal retail, and some of these platforms will not be controlled by a publisher. But given the situation we are in, publishers starting their own download platforms in an attempt to compete with one another is not the worst thing that could happen.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#26Pawkie07Posted 9/12/2013 1:15:43 AM
YES! Avoid Origin like it's the plague.
#27LostHisHardcorePosted 9/12/2013 1:33:01 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
People need to understand that Steam having the monopoly in digital distribution of games is not in the consumer's interest.

They also need to understand that the thing Origin is most notorious for, keeping the titles of the publisher exclusive to their download service, is a strategy that was pioneered by Valve with their games, which they later even started doing with 3rd party games like Skyrim. It is their aggressive control of digital distribution that likely contributed to other large publishers with a means of doing so, to control their own digital distribution. EA and Blizzard (which is technically both producer and publisher) are two examples of this.

People feel as though they are better off with Steam, because let's be honest, with the sales in summer and around christmas, you can not really complain about the prices. But there are also negative things that we see that is a result of their position in the market. The artificially high prices for COD games is one example of a pricing strategy that is only viable because of their position in the market. Without competition and with games being exclusively available on their download platform, that also now means that you leave your entire PC gaming experience in the hands of this one company.

In an ideal world, all games would be released on multiple download platforms as well as in normal retail, and some of these platforms will not be controlled by a publisher. But given the situation we are in, publishers starting their own download platforms in an attempt to compete with one another is not the worst thing that could happen.

I'd agree with that. I think GOG has the best poilcy and I hope they get bigger in the future. As for Steam, I only buy games on there during the sales. You'd be a fool to spend full retail price on a game from Steam, well, imo atleast.
---
#28godplaysSNESPosted 9/12/2013 1:37:46 AM(edited)
Well said Fandango

IMO, the steam sales have also gone downhill. Valve itself also need to start pumping out games.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#29TimePharaohPosted 9/12/2013 1:39:46 AM(edited)
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
They also need to understand that the thing Origin is most notorious for, keeping the titles of the publisher exclusive to their download service, is a strategy that was pioneered by Valve with their games, which they later even started doing with 3rd party games like Skyrim.

ITT: Steam (a storefront which third party companies use to sell their products) sets the prices for other peoples games, and also forces them to use their tools to lock down their games.

waitwut
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#30TimePharaohPosted 9/12/2013 1:43:01 AM
I'd agree with that. I think GOG has the best poilcy and I hope they get bigger in the future. As for Steam, I only buy games on there during the sales. You'd be a fool to spend full retail price on a game from Steam, well, imo atleast.

What policy is that? Not using DRM? Because Steam isn't DRM, with hundreds of games on it not using DRM...

When did this trend of derpblamevalve for the decisions of developers that they have absolutely nothing to do with come in? And it's always by derps who apparently don't even know what Steam is.

What's your EA employee number?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png