This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I bother getting a PS3 and/or 360?

#1CardigansFanPosted 9/11/2013 10:09:31 PM
I picked up a few system/console-exclusive games for both systems at Gamestop (like 8 games for a total of $30) not too long ago, and now I'm wondering if I should bother with how many Steam games I still have yet to play, as well as the fact that it'll probably be months at this point before I end up getting one (got caught up in a little debt). Forget about any of the new consoles.

I mean, I'm looking at most of the exclusives I'd be interested in, and with the exception of games like Red Dead Redemption, I could probably beat them in a day and never go back to them.

And then I both love games like Forza, but hate how I'll never reasonably be able to 100% them because I didn't get the pre-order bonus, or participate in events in the past, or something stupid like that.

I also have a 3DS (mostly bought for my girlfriend) that I never touch, mostly because I'd rather be playing Steam games at home and because I don't have more than a few minutes of time to sit down and play when out of the house (meaning I resort to some decent Android games).

Thoughts?
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * Samsung NX1000 * AKA Magus77
#2LoshadtPosted 9/11/2013 10:14:24 PM
Buying a PS3 wouldn't a be a bad choice. It's relatively cheap and there are a ton of japanese games available for it if that's your taste. Otherwise I would say neither is worth it.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#3ZalteraPosted 9/11/2013 10:15:54 PM
Find them in a pawn shop and talk their prices down.
---
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000
#4CardigansFan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 10:24:45 PM(edited)
Loshadt posted...
Buying a PS3 wouldn't a be a bad choice. It's relatively cheap and there are a ton of japanese games available for it if that's your taste. Otherwise I would say neither is worth it.

Yeah, I guess I'll really have to evaluate whether there's enough exclusives for me. As it stands, I could probably buy a PS3 at Gamestop, play the singleplayer campaigns for the exclusives I'm interested in, and return it before the 14-day or whatever return policy they have.

Zaltera posted...
Find them in a pawn shop and talk their prices down.

Most of the ones I've seen are in sketchy areas, and I used to have a 360 a while ago that went RRoD...I'm not willing to buy anything but new or refurbished with at least a year's warranty when it comes to consoles. Unless I'm just going to return it right away like mentioned above.
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * Samsung NX1000 * AKA Magus77
#5OldSorrowPosted 9/11/2013 10:37:36 PM
You should buy more games
---
Vin Diesel confirms = consoles are for casual players
consoles = wrekt
#6cosmic_assasinPosted 9/11/2013 10:52:15 PM
I actually have the the GTAV ps3 bundle on preorder. i havent had ps3 since my old fat crapped out on me about 5 years ago. so along with V and some exclusives i missed out on, i would say i feel pretty good about buying one so late
---
It was fear of myself that made me odd
#7Arya1Posted 9/11/2013 10:53:05 PM
If you like J-RPG, you may consider to get PS3.
Notable titles are Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, and Tales Series.
#8TehPwnzererPosted 9/11/2013 11:01:43 PM
Getting a Playstation is always a wise investment for the exclusives alone. There's a lot of titles that come out for the PS that don't see the light of day on the PC. THe same can't necessarily be said about the xbox. There's only a very select couple of games on the xbox that aren't available on the PC. I use my PC for multiplats and my PS3 for exclusives and plan on doing the same with the PS4.
#9strongo9Posted 9/11/2013 11:31:25 PM(edited)
I have a Wii, Wii U, and PC. I recently decided that the PS3 is at a low enough price and has enough exclusives to warrant getting.

I've bought over 15 games that I would only be able to play on the PS3 (or just the 360 and PS3) so far and plan to get another 10 or so.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#10reincarnator07Posted 9/12/2013 5:53:52 AM
PS3 is good for its exclusives, and it's not too bad as a blu ray player. Wii (and Wii u I guess) are good for legally playing a lot of older games. 360 has very little to offer a PC gamer.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero