This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Highest end GPU my CPU can go with without bottlenecking?

#21KabtheMentat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 6:15:59 PM
Yeah, from what I understand the Back to Karkand maps are more graphically demanding than the originals and most of the other expansion maps.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#22g7g7g7g7Posted 9/12/2013 6:23:26 PM
With a phenom you will be sitting at 40 fps no matter what graphics card you have with A LOT of games.

If you want a smooth 60fps in everything you play then get a better CPU.
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz
#23KabtheMentat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 6:31:38 PM
Yeah, I know a Phenom isn't the best CPU, but I got several parts for free from a friend and the only thing I'm still using from that is the motherboard. Unfortunately it's was a AM3, not a AM3+ board. The 965 was like the best CPU I could get for the system at the time. It's pretty decent, and I'd highly recommend it for a budget PC build, but it's getting old now.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#2450inchDLPPosted 9/13/2013 12:44:00 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I was in a similar position. I have the i5-760 which is a CPU from that same generation and with very comparable performance. I think the i5-760 is a little better but not by much.

I decided that I thought the GTX 760 is probably as high as I want to go GPU-wise, because for anything beyond that, I feel my build would be too imbalanced and it would be waste. The GTX 770 is the absolute most that I think I would be able to get away with without running into that wall. For the Phenom II X4 965, I think it would be similar. (the AMD equivalent in terms of performance to the GTX 760 is something like the HD 7950).

You i5 760 is much better than a phenom 2 965.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina