This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best/Favorite old school DnD style RPG game? (Just finished Planescape Torment)

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 9/12/2013 2:04:16 AM
Debating on what to do next...

Icedale? Baulders Gate? Temple of Evil?

Really don't know but I know I'm only going to choose one.

Give a reason please with your answer if you would.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2dakondakbladePosted 9/12/2013 2:57:11 AM
Never Winter Nights Diamond

Great game, very good story and you can mod it and make your own modules to play even more content.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#3InterfusorPosted 9/12/2013 3:01:21 AM
Baldur's great!
---
I am not economically viable.
#4SlaynPosted 9/12/2013 4:57:51 AM
BG
KOTOR
NWN
IWD
Fallout
Arcanum
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#5KaushadPosted 9/12/2013 5:02:20 AM
NWN2 isn't exactly old, but it is one of the best
---
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.
#6FeatherwindPosted 9/12/2013 5:06:10 AM
The NWN games are the best but the mods don't necessarily have a DnD feel.

BG:SoA is great too.

Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Fallout and Fallout 2 are decent.

Icewind Dales were meh imo.
#7DarkshowersPosted 9/12/2013 5:20:23 AM
I would go with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 next as they are reputed to be the best DnD rpgs of all time with an excellent balance of character development, plot and battles.

NWN 1 and 2 single player campaigns are ok and the game really shines only if you find the right mods.
#8TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:17:44 AM
Baldur's Gate recommended over Neverwinter nights?

Basically between those two?
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9matu90rkPosted 9/12/2013 11:24:49 AM
BG2 (with ToB expansion) and then NWN Diamond. Icewind Dale games are cool too, and also Temple of Elemental Evil.
#10KillerTrufflePosted 9/12/2013 11:30:00 AM
I liked the Baldur's Gate games much better than the Icewind Dale ones. Icewind Dale just felt meh...

I actually enjoyed Neverwinter Nights a lot, but the story really didn't interest me.

Temple of Elemental Evil was a bit different from these others as I recall, but I remember I enjoyed it too.

I'd say my personal pick for next game would either be Baldur's Gate or NWN Diamond.

If you're OK getting away from D&D stuff tho, I'd definitely go with the Fallout series. I loved the original Fallout games.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23