This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming LAPTOP recommendation please!

#21ATARIJAWAPosted 9/12/2013 9:54:40 PM
Demon_Acker posted...
My friend recommended me this
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-6814-17-3-Inch-Midnight/dp/B00D3F9HT4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375727424&sr=8-2&keywords=GeForce%20GT%20730M

Not sure how good it is for that price

730m is a multimedia card not a gaming level card. Keep that in mind,
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#22datopgamerPosted 9/12/2013 11:22:46 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Voelger posted...
You can get an ok laptop for that, not a gaming laptop. And those who laugh at gaming laptops, i bet my laptop could run circles around most of your desktops

Irrelevant. You could have the strongest computer in existence, and it's a laptop, and it still wouldn't be a "gaming laptop".

Adding LED's=/=gaming

I don't know of too many laptops that have LED's with the exception of the monitor unless you are referring to backlit keyboards. If you buy a laptop and you mainly use it for gaming then it could be considered a "gaming laptop".

As for the OP, it'll be hard to get a laptop that can handle playing newer games at medium settings, which I consider decent settings, at the price you set for yourself. You are paying more for portability so unless you can up your price to about $1000 then don't really expect much in terms of gaming ability.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#23ThePonyColliePosted 9/13/2013 1:04:58 AM
Voelger posted...
Quote:Voelger posted...
You can get an ok laptop for that, not a gaming laptop. And those who laugh at gaming laptops, i bet my laptop could run circles around most of your desktops

Irrelevant. You could have the strongest computer in existence, and it's a laptop, and it still wouldn't be a "gaming laptop".

Adding LED's=/=gaming

@TimePharaoh

??

Don't mind him. TimePharaoh usually doesn't make sense.
---
Lord Erieos is definitely coming...
#24angry_cowtipperPosted 9/13/2013 1:51:48 AM
Personally, my Vaio has kept me happy. It can play Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect and other light games at 1080, and more resource intensive ones at 720. It wasn't $700, though... I think if you want a gaming laptop whose horsepower is enough to get anything done, you're going to have to save a lot more.
---
Saints Row IV, Risk of Rain (PC), Dragon's Crown, Tales of Xillia (PS3), Yesterday (AND), ACIII: Liberation, Killzone Beta, Dragon's Crown (VITA)