This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who deny consoles.

#31xxFierceFirexxPosted 9/12/2013 4:26:01 AM
That's why I'm going Wii U and PC this gen... Seriously, why do y'all think we never play on a console? Is it because of our sarcastic, troll baiting "PC GAMING MASTER RACE!1111!"?
#32Ha_D00DPosted 9/12/2013 4:30:11 AM
Mangorush-V posted...
Javelin posted...
LOL @ all the console peasants clinging to the idea that their "exclusives" mean s***.

Enjoy your garbage "AAA exclusives" that are really just cinematic cutscenes spread out between periods of mindless button-mashing mixed with QTEs. Or your "real driving simulators" with indestructible cars, floaty moon physics, and the ability to auto-win by tuning your vehicle until it goes ten times as fast as the other cars.

People like me who actually care about games providing a mental challenge, people who aren't content to be gamepad-waving s***-eating monkeys bowing and scraping to their corporate masters at Sony and Nintendo... people like me will be playing the only games worth playing -- PC games.

I'll enjoy this so called garbage "AAA" than the crappy old ass exclusive games that you think is so better on PC than the console exclusive, so have fun and enjoy those bad ugly crappy exclusive games on PC.

Claims he's a PC gamer and comes to this board just to bash PC games. Try harder, pal.
---
HAF 922// i5 3570k// Hyper 212 Evo// P8Z77-V LK// Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Edition// 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws// SeaSonic 620w// Mushkin 120GB
#33Tyranius2Posted 9/12/2013 4:38:28 AM
Each to their own and all but I find it really hard to believe that anyone can think that only one game out of that list is good. Even if you think the others are average calling them all crap just wreaks of fanboyism.

There's one or two I said "can emulate" which means I didn't call it bad. The only ones that aren't crap are Metroid, which we can emulate and Metal Gear, we can emulate the first 3.

We can emulate the earlier team ICO games. I don't know or care about future titles they've made.

>2013
>trying this hard

Take your rage away from here.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#34IronSasquatchPosted 9/12/2013 4:41:03 AM(edited)
Don't be thick. He means more accessible because all you have to do is plug it into a TV, plug in a controller, put in a game, and turn it on. It's literally idiot proof.

I love PC gaming a lot, but as we all know it's not always that simple. Even if you know what you're doing, it can still be a pain in the ass to get stuff working.

Yeah, this. Obviously it is far easier to just buy a console, plug it in, and start playing. It takes some dedication to learn to build a PC and which parts you should buy from where. Then building it is another adventure if you've done it before, followed immediately by trying to figure out what you did wrong. Yeah, once you know what you're doing, it's pretty simple, but the first time is tough. Also, I'm sure you know plenty of people who have a console and a computer that doesn't play games as well as that console, if they can handle demanding games at all.

And the price thing...I spent roughly $1400 on my rig. If I were to buy a PS4 at launch and a cheap laptop, it would be like $600 - $700. Yeah, the savings on games and not paying for Live/PS+ adds up, but still. It's a way lower cost of entry.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#35GrabacrLeaderPosted 9/12/2013 4:56:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36SlaynPosted 9/12/2013 4:54:55 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
Don't be thick. He means more accessible because all you have to do is plug it into a TV, plug in a controller, put in a game, and turn it on. It's literally idiot proof.

I love PC gaming a lot, but as we all know it's not always that simple. Even if you know what you're doing, it can still be a pain in the ass to get stuff working.

Yeah, this. Obviously it is far easier to just buy a console, plug it in, and start playing. It takes some dedication to learn to build a PC and which parts you should buy from where. Then building it is another adventure if you've done it before, followed immediately by trying to figure out what you did wrong. Yeah, once you know what you're doing, it's pretty simple, but the first time is tough. Also, I'm sure you know plenty of people who have a console and a computer that doesn't play games as well as that console, if they can handle demanding games at all.

And the price thing...I spent roughly $1400 on my rig. If I were to buy a PS4 at launch and a cheap laptop, it would be like $600 - $700. Yeah, the savings on games and not paying for Live/PS+ adds up, but still. It's a way lower cost of entry.

Isn't PS4 $500, are you buying a $100 laptop?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#37IronSasquatchPosted 9/12/2013 4:58:02 AM
Slayn posted...
IronSasquatch posted...

Isn't PS4 $500, are you buying a $100 laptop?

PS4 is $400 and you can easily get a netbook or something similar that you use for internet/email/word processing for $200.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#38animanganimePosted 9/12/2013 6:27:13 AM
Javelin posted...
LOL @ all the console peasants clinging to the idea that their "exclusives" mean s***.

Enjoy your garbage "AAA exclusives" that are really just cinematic cutscenes spread out between periods of mindless button-mashing mixed with QTEs. Or your "real driving simulators" with indestructible cars, floaty moon physics, and the ability to auto-win by tuning your vehicle until it goes ten times as fast as the other cars.

People like me who actually care about games providing a mental challenge, people who aren't content to be gamepad-waving s***-eating monkeys bowing and scraping to their corporate masters at Sony and Nintendo... people like me will be playing the only games worth playing -- PC games.

What are you playing?
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS
#39SinisterSlayPosted 9/12/2013 6:28:46 AM
I'm sorry, when did X-Rebirth, Mount & Blade Warband, Civ 5, etc. Get ported to console?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#40NingishzidaPosted 9/12/2013 6:33:06 AM(edited)
Bumpty posted...
On a PC I cannot play the latest Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario, Smash Bros., Pokémon, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Journey, Pikmin, LittleBigPlanet, Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Okami or Team ICO game.

yes, but what demented buffoon wants to play that childish dross?