This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who deny consoles.

#81NingishzidaPosted 9/17/2013 1:47:47 AM
Goldninja posted...
Other M was a pile of hot garbage. Skyward Sword holds your hand hard and never lets go, Final Fantasy XIII took everything fun in Final Fantasy and threw it in the trash, leaving us with barely any control aside from pressing up and watching the party auto battle. MGS4 was a movie with game play elements. Etc.

indeed
#82ThunderPotatoPosted 9/17/2013 2:08:26 AM
Wow, this is some of the most extreme console reassurance I've seen in quite some time LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be disgruntled as well with 19-25fps at sub HD and screen tearing too.

lulz
---
Draven: He's the hero GameFAQs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#83kite5166Posted 9/17/2013 3:54:49 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Has no one seriously reported the TC for trolling yet?

You should know by now the mods can't be bothered to delete actual troll threads.
#84MasterDonGeroPosted 9/17/2013 3:58:26 AM
kite5166 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Has no one seriously reported the TC for trolling yet?

You should know by now the mods can't be bothered to delete actual troll threads.

Yeah, it's pretty sad.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#85MarceloSampaioPosted 9/17/2013 4:35:34 AM
I'm a PC gamer, above all. But I agree that consoles DO have SOME good exclusive games. Granted, the only console exclusives I've been interested in are from the PS1 era and earlier, all of them easy to emulate. PS2, GC and WII are also VERY easy to emulate, so I don't really need a console (I DO have a PS2, for those days when my wife wants to use my PC). Recent consoles aren't getting many meaningful exclusives, and the best games consoles are getting nowdays are also coming to PCs.

Also, I like the PC exclusives a LOT more nowdays. Recently, I've been playing King's Bounty: Crossworlds, a fantastic game that would never work on consoles. Ocasional Civilization V and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 runs are mandatory, and the classic Wizardry 8 (recently added to Steam) proves that the best RPGs ever where made for PC.

Don't get me wrong, a real gamer go for the GAMES, not the machine it plays on. But for someone like me, who doesn't have time to play for more than two hours a day, a PC gives more than enough options of quality entertainment, and for a LOT cheaper. Also, it gives me the option to use my favorite control scheme for ALL games (KB+M), while also giving the option to use a controller if I feel like it.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#86triple sPosted 9/17/2013 5:16:01 AM
Bumpty posted...
The PC is best for MMOs, Strategy games and FPS games, and the occasional multi-platform game. There are only a handful of real indie gems, the best of which are also on consoles.

On a PC I cannot play the latest Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario, Smash Bros., Pokémon, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Journey, Pikmin, LittleBigPlanet, Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Okami or Team ICO game.

i.e. I cannot play some of the best that gaming has to offer on the PC or a single console alone.

I agree, I'm hopefully getting the PS3 GTAV bundle today.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#87enigmamjPosted 9/17/2013 5:38:05 AM
I love PC gaming, but consoles certainly have some great games as well. I mainly use consoles to play SRPG and JRPG games. Granted, those genres are becoming more prevalent on portable consoles.
#88AgdistisPosted 9/17/2013 5:45:31 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
And why would I want to play the latest of those? But I actually can play the vast majority of all of those franchises, and things like Okami, in better quality than you can, so....

Love how you edited your post just so you can sneak in a little passive-aggressive remark.

Get 'em told son.
---
http://backloggery.com/MajesticFantastc
#89Bossdog421Posted 9/17/2013 10:55:29 AM
Javelin posted...
Dear console peasants who think the PC has "no good exclusives":

Your lack of knowledge is as hilarious as it is appalling. You probably think the Earth is flat and is the center of the Universe. I'm sorry you failed elementary school, as I'm sure our taxpayers' money could be put to better use than providing welfare checks for you and your eventual just-as-ignorant progeny.

That you are so proud of the garbage that companies such as Nintendo continually churn out (never mind that every Zelda game is the same game) speaks to your poor taste and a complete lack of awareness as to what real video games should be.

Console games are and have always been puerile, vapid and shallow wastes of time. The only reason you believe otherwise is nothing but the height of ignorance. To use an analogy, by playing nothing but console games, you have been fed nothing but McDonald's hamburgers since forever. You think these are tasty enough, blissfully unaware that they are made from repurposed beef that had been marked unfit for human consumption. They are delicious enough -- to you -- because you have never experienced the perfectly-cooked filet mignon that is a finely-crafted PC game.

Even if Amaterasu herself came down from heaven and blessed Shigeru Miyamoto with all the wisdom and creativity of his ancestors in addition to his own, a half-dead and hungover Sid Meier could still crawl onto the toilet and crap out a better game.

That is how big the gap is between your button-mashing QTE cutscene fests on consoles and the deep, varied, challenging gameplay you can only find on PC.

That is how big the gap is between console peasants and the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

*starts slow clap*

I have consoles and handhelds as well as a gaming rig. The consoles and handhelds have their uses.

My PS3 makes a decent blu - ray player, it was very cost effective ($600) at its time for what it was in that aspect.

My handhelds help with those difficult bowel movements, but even those times are usually occupied by my phone now.

My WiiU is great for my young one and will eventually have more games I will want to play.

The main issues I have with consoles games is they don't hold my attention long enough anymore and there is little to no innovation. Everything has been done before, combining individual aspects from different games is seen as innovation, and it's just sad.

I like the choice and freedom that PC gaming offers. I will still buy the new consoles but i see them suffering the same fate as everything from last gen... Doomed to be dust collectors or movie players.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#90KillerTrufflePosted 9/17/2013 11:00:27 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Shub posted...
You are ignoring 10 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

It's funny to see this number increment... It rarely goes up that high. I am kind of curious about what's going on, but I know I'm not missing anything important. This board is a whole lot better with liberal use of the ignore function.

You're missing an intense battle of wits between Ning and Mangorush.

If by "intense battle of wits" you mean back and forth of "no, u" - "no, U" type posts. ¬_¬

They're basically having a race to see who can give the most single-digit IQ responses in the least amount of time. Or something along those lines.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23