This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free software to auto control fan speed for my desktop?

#11Hunter_mkPosted 9/12/2013 1:57:38 PM
download speedfan, also change fan controls to manual on the bios or it wont work
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
#12SinisterSlayPosted 9/12/2013 8:18:27 PM
LusoryPrime posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
HaxnStash posted...
Thanks for the replies, I think I tried to connect the fans directly to the motherboard but I remember there not having enough room for 6 so I decided to just connect them directly to the psu. I also remember that the fan's cords were not long enough to connect them neatly. I'll check again and see if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure if you can do this but, you might be able to connect your fans together, then to the mobo fan controls.

I currently have all my fans strung together, and then connected to the GPU fan, so when the GPU fan speeds up, all my fans do. But I only have 3 case fans. (1 side, 2 rear)

You can definitely use Fan Y-splitters to do this. Naturally the connected fans will have the same power modulation applied to them (unless you use an in-line resistor on one and not the other) but that can be desirable in many cases like for dual/quad radiator fans or multiple intakes.

Heh splitters....
I just spliced the wires together into the GPU fan wires. Then duct taped them to the GPU cover.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence