This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to say, the one thing I REALLY hate about f2p games is...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to say, the one thing I REALLY hate about f2p games is...
2 years ago#21
I dont know about others f2p games, but planetside 2 first install is something like 9-13GB, and the patches (monthly) are usually in the 400mbs and hotfixes in the 30mbs.
2 years ago#22
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Yeah, BC2 was just as bad. Still takes, like, an hour to update from install on 6mbit.

This is one of the reasons I love having a 50 Mb/s connection.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#23
MasterDonGero posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Yeah, BC2 was just as bad. Still takes, like, an hour to update from install on 6mbit.

This is one of the reasons I love having a 50 Mb/s connection.

Where do you live? I live in a heavily populated city and pay $35 a month for 1Mbps internet. Do you pay upwards of $100 a month?
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#24
I remember using the better part of a day/night downloading the shareware version of a game from a BBS/website, so it doesn't bother as much, though it is somewhat of an annoyance.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#25
Maximoom posted...
I dont know about others f2p games, but planetside 2 first install is something like 9-13GB, and the patches (monthly) are usually in the 400mbs and hotfixes in the 30mbs.

I've seen PS2 patches up to 4 GB. That's not par for the course, but it happens. If you're in the test server it's even worse. Walk away from that for a month and you're greeted with up to 8 GB of patches.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
2 years ago#26
DarkZV2Beta posted...
urtv posted...
far from it.whats worse is the cash shop and p2w

Thank you for telling me what to hate. I totally need that kind of instruction.

Dude you are such a WHINER

Take a deep breath and relax jesus.....
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
2 years ago#27
JonWood007 posted...
Maximoom posted...

I've seen PS2 patches up to 4 GB. That's not par for the course, but it happens. If you're in the test server it's even worse. Walk away from that for a month and you're greeted with up to 8 GB of patches.

I never had to patch any ps2 game. probably because it wasn't possible.
---
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
2 years ago#28
You really think that, don't you?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
2 years ago#29
Ningishzida posted...
Get a hair cut, get a job, then get decent internet.

---
2 years ago#30
1 remeber 1200-2400 baud and aol having updates every time you went to a new page.........

Aol's neverwinter taking 4-8 hourd to dl and corrupted files making you do it all over again in fact i did a happy dance when my 14.4 modem did it in 2 hours.........
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to say, the one thing I REALLY hate about f2p games is...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived