This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sell Computer for 650 or upgrade?

#11BowsaaPosted 9/12/2013 6:45:35 PM
What PSU do you have?

I still say that 1 or 2 7970s ($300 each), an SSD, and a decent mobo (~$130) would be a better way to go.New PSU if needed. It really doesn't make sense to sell stuff just to buy it again for more. CPU+HDD+RAM is ~360-$400, which isn't an insignificant sum.

Also, what's wrong with your 922? I've got a 912 and it's fantastic.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#12Nightmare2398(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:03:15 PM
Bowsaa posted...
What PSU do you have?

I still say that 1 or 2 7970s ($300 each), an SSD, and a decent mobo (~$130) would be a better way to go.New PSU if needed. It really doesn't make sense to sell stuff just to buy it again for more. CPU+HDD+RAM is ~360-$400, which isn't an insignificant sum.

Also, what's wrong with your 922? I've got a 912 and it's fantastic.

well i actually (just) worked out some math and with what i want it ends up costing about the same in the end (1050 net cost), but if i sell my comp for 650 (or more, thats just the first offer so far) that's a lot easier than individually selling my case, graphics card, PSU, and mobo (and nobody will buy that mobo...)
and if i can't sell them, it ends up being 1300 total for the upgrades, as opposed to the 1050 of selling my pc and rebuilding it completely. (these prices are temporary btw, im going to try buying each piece on sale in the next few months, specifically on black friday, but if a part goes on sale before that i'll probably buy it).

as for my case, it's way too noisy for me, even with a fan controller and the fans on low (the case fans are loud + the fans inside (mostly the PSU fan) get very loud while playing graphics-intensive games, so i read into the 550D and i really want that case now...
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)