This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

google chrome isn't working like it should. need help please.

#1returnofbeansPosted 9/12/2013 2:28:26 PM(edited)
i posted this on the support forum for google already, but here's what i wrote.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/chrome/report-a-problem-and-get-troubleshooting-help/windows/g1hc7uv6-Vg

Chrome Version: I just redownloaded chrome today so its the most current. i dont know how to check.

Operating: System Windows 7

Extensions: none

Since about 2 to 3 days ago i haven't been able to download anything at all. any file, picture, movie, text or even a chrome extention which makes this even more strange. if i try to download anything. the bottomw icon of chrome starts to get that green download thing, but nothing is downloading. if i try to close chrome after i tried to download something. it says a file is being downloaded am i sure i want to close. even though there is nothing downloading. it wont even let me try to open chrome again until i kill the process after having tried to download something.

i already tried to restart my computer and reinstall chrome. any one know what more i can try?
---
eye'm the strongest! those who call idiots are the idiots you idiot!
Lol IGN: returnofbeans
#2returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 3:07:06 PM
bump.

or if any one knows another place i can ask this question. not being able to use chrome really hinders me.
---
#3Love_Me_SexyPosted 9/12/2013 3:15:22 PM
Reset your browser settings and see if that works
---
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
#4returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 4:00:22 PM
reset and still the same.
---
#5returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 5:11:23 PM
i just found something very very interesting. I opened up chrome and pasted a link to where i had an image i was gonna test download. since it was an immediate open, paste, go, download attempt. it actually started up the download. it was only a 500kb picture, but it froze at around 400. i tried doing it a little faster and it actually downloaded the 500kb picture.

is there a reason why if i let chrome on for over a minute my files dont download? heres another thing thats strange, i choose Browse in folder and it didn't work or so i thought. after about 5 mins my downloaded file popped up in the folder.

its not a problem with my laptop being slow. im running league of legends with everything on highest settings. i know its not a demanding game. also the problem is really recent.
---