This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Keyboard replacement

#1Dark222Posted 9/12/2013 2:50:44 PM
Hi, so i have this laptop:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5128751&

Most of the laptop's keys stopped to work all of a sudden and made my laptop open and press keys forcefully that were not supposed to. Anyways, it was super easy to open the keyboard. Just 2 screws and you push put the keyboard and pull the ribbon out.

Now i have to replace the keyboard and i would like a keyboard with LED. I never really ordered a computer part online and don't know many websites. Also does it matter if im from Canada and i use the US part number instead?

The part number is 650471-121 with the backlight- Canada
650471-001 - US

Please post any links where i can buy this part for cheap. Thanks!
---
Playing: Black Ops II | Ni No Kuni | PSN: dark_soul77 |
Anticipating: Lightning Returns: FFXIII | FF13 Versus |
#2Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 3:36:39 PM
bunp
---
#3Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 4:06:08 PM
bump
---
#4PraetorXynPosted 9/12/2013 4:19:50 PM
If your laptop is under warranty, get t replaced. Otherwise, you have three choices:
1. Buy a nice keyboard and connect it via USB, using the laptop with an external monitor. This is what I do at work.
2. Get a better laptop that won't have such horrible manufacturing
3. Try what you're suggesting. It's not like you can make it any worse.

Laptop keyboards are rubber dome, which usually means if some of the keys stop working you have to replace the entire thing.

This is one of the reasons mechanical keyboards are better, because if a switch stops working, which is extremely rare even if you get a piece of crap like a rebranded iOne keyboard (aka Razer), you only need to replace the defective switch.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#5Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 5:35:50 PM
Ok thanks for your suggestion. Im really sick of this HP laptop actually, just wanna use it for few more months then i will get a better one. I do not have any warrant left, and i already bought a external keyboard. However i don't like carrying a external keyboard just too much of a hassle.
---
#6PraetorXynPosted 9/13/2013 1:02:18 PM
Dark222 posted...
Ok thanks for your suggestion. Im really sick of this HP laptop actually, just wanna use it for few more months then i will get a better one. I do not have any warrant left, and i already bought a external keyboard. However i don't like carrying a external keyboard just too much of a hassle.

What I do is leave my keyboard at work, since I have an external monitor there. At home I use the laptop keyboard since I don't have a monitor there.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9