This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well do the Haswell Pentium Dual Cores run games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well do the Haswell Pentium Dual Cores run games?

User Info: sethstevenson

sethstevenson
3 years ago#1
or overall applications? I'm considering a cheaper build, and I'd figure to go with a Haswell since future motherboards will be 1150, and there's not a big difference in price with the 1155 processors. Any better options for a similar price?
buy mah shirts pls, buy mah shirts!

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
3 years ago#2
What? You're talking like an i3, right? I've been CPU shopping and the new i5-4670K is only like $60 more than a i3-4340. And I believe the 4670K is also a 1150/Haswell. I'd probably save a few more bones and go with that over a dual core.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#3
Go for at least an i5 quad. Dual cores are for the past.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y

User Info: lucarioforprez

lucarioforprez
3 years ago#4
KabtheMentat posted...
What? You're talking like an i3, right? I've been CPU shopping and the new i5-4670K is only like $60 more than a i3-4340. And I believe the 4670K is also a 1150/Haswell. I'd probably save a few more bones and go with that over a dual core.

Only 60? That can break a budget tbh. I'm gaming on an Ivy bridge dual core celeron and I'm surprised on what it can do. It all really depends on your budget. Its hard to recommend a CPU without one.
GT: Ten Desires
I will give a cookie to whoever knows what my gamertag is a reference to :)

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#5
KabtheMentat posted...

No, he said Haswell Pentium dual-cores, not i3s. You might want to go back to English class.

ark.intel.com/products/77773/
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: AdamantRock

AdamantRock
3 years ago#6
Newer games can take advantage of more than two cores, so I'd definitely opt for an i5.

Touhou 13
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Up Next: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

User Info: lucarioforprez

lucarioforprez
3 years ago#7
AdamantRock posted...
Newer games can take advantage of more than two cores, so I'd definitely opt for an i5.

Touhou 13

(>'_')>#

Back on topic, I would get a haswell dual core now, and then upgrade to a quad core later when you do have the money. Dual cores are good enough for now. More cores are the future, but the future isn't now.
GT: Ten Desires
I will give a cookie to whoever knows what my gamertag is a reference to :)

User Info: Smakkyoface

Smakkyoface
3 years ago#8
I just built a pc with Pentium G2120 which is an ivy bridge. Paired with a gtx 650 ti and 8gb ram it runs Guild wars 2 on high at 30fps in pve. It dies in pvp unless I put the character display to the lowest then it runs at 20-30fps. That's the only game I've tested so far as I just built it today.
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.

User Info: sethstevenson

sethstevenson
3 years ago#9
honestly i'd be fine with an i3 haswell. they seem around $130 which isn't too shabby.
buy mah shirts pls, buy mah shirts!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well do the Haswell Pentium Dual Cores run games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived