This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people on this board hate Macs even though...

#81r0ge00Posted 9/13/2013 12:22:21 PM
Anyone bringing up the virus argument these days is stuck in the early 2000s. I haven't got a virus on my PC in a long ass time.
#82SnipeStarPosted 9/13/2013 1:26:08 PM
i can safely say that the number 1 reason macs are hated is because their uninformed users won't shut the f*** up about them
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#83SinisterSlayPosted 9/13/2013 1:35:14 PM
SnipeStar posted...
i can safely say that the number 1 reason macs are hated is because their uninformed users won't shut the f*** up about them

They all talk with their hands too.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#84iBlackice25Posted 9/13/2013 1:42:13 PM
dmccappin posted...
"I firmly believe Apple products (especially Macbooks) to be the same as Dr Dre Beats headphones, simply a fashion statement"

This!!!!

I agree with this, but I also have something else to post. Why do Windows users hate Mac users so much? I understand, most Apple products are just fashion statements, but that all depends on the person using it. I have two apple products (that i still use): my Macbook Pro and my iPhone 4S, and my macbook is very stable and has less viruses than any computer ive ever used. I also own a Dell currently equipped with Windows 7, and it has gotten quite a few viruses before i fixed it and turned it into my gaming laptop. While i agree that it is mostly a fashion statement, their computers are very stable, unlike their phones (i can name at least 6 cellphones better than iPhone lol). Windows is still better imo though :P
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#85PraetorXynPosted 9/13/2013 1:46:41 PM
iBlackice25 posted...
dmccappin posted...
"I firmly believe Apple products (especially Macbooks) to be the same as Dr Dre Beats headphones, simply a fashion statement"

This!!!!

I agree with this, but I also have something else to post. Why do Windows users hate Mac users so much? I understand, most Apple products are just fashion statements, but that all depends on the person using it. I have two apple products (that i still use): my Macbook Pro and my iPhone 4S, and my macbook is very stable and has less viruses than any computer ive ever used. I also own a Dell currently equipped with Windows 7, and it has gotten quite a few viruses before i fixed it and turned it into my gaming laptop. While i agree that it is mostly a fashion statement, their computers are very stable, unlike their phones (i can name at least 6 cellphones better than iPhone lol). Windows is still better imo though :P

The "no viruses on OS X" thing is a myth. While it's true that OS X is built on BSD Unix, so it has a better file system and is inherently more secure than Windows like Linux is, the reason people say that is because OS X has such a pitiful market share that malware developers have no desire to target Macs. The same can be said of Linux.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#86Black_King945Posted 9/13/2013 2:04:22 PM
At this point, I firmly believe Apple laptops, the Macbook Air especially, are a better value than competing Windows 8 laptops. They have great build quality, a consistent hardware platform, and no embarrassing Windows 8-esque mid life crisis.

I work in retail PC support, and all the Windows 8 ultrabooks I've looked at just scare me, aluminum siding glued onto plastic, touchscreens tacked on as a reaction to Windows 8, incredibly inconsistent recovery support, most manufacturers are crapping out brand new designs with no real track record, this is on top of the pile of random bugs that Windows 8 OEM laptops have in comparison to cleanly installed copies of the same OS.

With Apple laptops, a Mac is a Mac is a Mac, what works on one works on all, with the Windows 8 onslaught of untested hardware and software, you don't know if you're making a great investment or rolling the dice on your sanity.
---
i7 3770K | Asus Maximus V Gene | 16GB Gskill | Asus 660ti | Seasonic 500W
#87PraetorXynPosted 9/13/2013 3:15:56 PM
Black_King945 posted...
At this point, I firmly believe Apple laptops, the Macbook Air especially, are a better value than competing Windows 8 laptops. They have great build quality, a consistent hardware platform, and no embarrassing Windows 8-esque mid life crisis.

I work in retail PC support, and all the Windows 8 ultrabooks I've looked at just scare me, aluminum siding glued onto plastic, touchscreens tacked on as a reaction to Windows 8, incredibly inconsistent recovery support, most manufacturers are crapping out brand new designs with no real track record, this is on top of the pile of random bugs that Windows 8 OEM laptops have in comparison to cleanly installed copies of the same OS.

With Apple laptops, a Mac is a Mac is a Mac, what works on one works on all, with the Windows 8 onslaught of untested hardware and software, you don't know if you're making a great investment or rolling the dice on your sanity.

That's not really saying anything in Apple's favor. Ultrabooks are pieces of s***, and nobody will be bashing Apple and supporting Ultrabooks. There are absolutely comparable options in the laptop side of things. They're workstation laptops, which is what the MBP basically is, and then gaming laptops from Sager/Clevo are in a different league altogether.

iMacs are pieces of s***, along with all Windows All-In-Ones.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#88_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/13/2013 3:59:07 PM
I do not think people hate them, but since people on this website are essentially gamers, they are of course looking for good specs at a decent price. Apple tends to charge a premium for their hardware. Now that might be worth it to some people, depending on the things you are looking for and what you value, but this is really not the target audience, and they realize it.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#89hotgirlsarehot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 11:20:49 PM
I sense a lot of anger in some of these posts-not to say you are not entitled to feel this way, but yeah...

Many Mac owners are REAL professionals and not just to own one to show off or pretend they are professionals.

Also, Macs are always the first choice for most music artists, sound engineers and mixers, etc.

Video editing, I still assume Macs are the first choice for many TV show and filmmakers. I believe they have been the main choice since the early or mid 90's up to now.

Macs are more stable and consistent as a whole. Likely, better quality control in the plants that assemble and create these laptops and desktops, meaning longer shelf life, less prone to hardware issues, and making it a better resell option (e.g. search for 2009 and 2010 models on Kijiji, and comparatively speaking, these Macs fetch more than the "better" and newer PC models that are also listed)
#90lucarioforprezPosted 9/14/2013 7:30:05 AM
I try to be open minded on things. But when a computer controls what I can do with it, I have to put my foot down. Apple has pretty much pioneered censorship in digital technology. You usually have to buy expensive first party peripherals and accessories. Its a huge pain to upgrade hardware.

I understand there are good things about apple, but I d rather have freedom than convenience. With that said, I'm happy with my $600 HP laptop running fedora.
---
GT: Ten Desires
I will give a cookie to whoever knows what my gamertag is a reference to :)