This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

update to my computer not turning on all of a sudden

#1LiQuiDsWorDs56Posted 9/13/2013 3:26:01 AM
Yesterday I made a topic on how my computer booted up snd 15 minutes later I come back and my tower is off and pressing the the power button on the case and motherboard didnt do squat. My guess is that the psu or the motherboard died. But the power button lights up and turns off when I flip the psu switch. This morning for the hell of it, I try to turn it on and after the second or third press of the power button from the case it turned on and everything was running for about three seconds before shutting off. Is the psu not delivering enough power or does it seem like a motherboard problem? Cant be the cpu because the computer would start up.but not post right? Thoughts
---
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx
#2dakondakbladePosted 9/13/2013 4:12:57 AM
I had this problem in February.

Turns out that my heatsink had come a little loose and wasn't making contact with the cpu.

Try reapplying thermal paste and making sure your cooler is secure before you drop money on new parts.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#3LiQuiDsWorDs56(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 8:55:08 AM
dakondakblade posted...
I had this problem in February.

Turns out that my heatsink had come a little loose and wasn't making contact with the cpu.

Try reapplying thermal paste and making sure your cooler is secure before you drop money on new parts.

Thanks. Ill try that now. I just reseated everything and checked all connections but still nothing. If this doesnt fix it then I dunno
---
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx
#4MissHedgehogPosted 9/13/2013 9:26:47 AM
My boyfriend had this same problem last week, only a few days after building his computer. We ended up doing what was said in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5FWXgQSokF4
Depends on what PSU you have of course, but at least this way you can verify if it's the PSU or not. I think what happened that the 24 pin motherboard connector was not plugged in properly after something weird happened with angles and cable management. After plugging it in again it worked. Good luck!
---
3DS FC 5043-2061-7637