This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saints Row 4 vs Sleeping Dogs vs Far Cry 3

#21SnipeStarPosted 9/13/2013 1:28:25 PM
its a close tie between FC3 and Sleeping Dogs

it definitely depends on whether you like first person shooters or third person action games more. whichever is your preferred genre- go with the corresponding game. althoguh honestly, you cant go wrong with (and i highly recommend) both.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#22donbrifway(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 1:30:48 PM
I actually prefer third-person but Far Cry 3 looks really fun. I also liked Saints Row 3 but not all of the ridiculousness. The gameplay was fun enough though.
---
Steam: donbrifway
Origin: donbr1fway
#23SnipeStarPosted 9/13/2013 1:51:37 PM
far cry 3 IS really fun. if 3rd person is your thing though, then get sleeping dogs, it is excellent.

honestly you're doing yourself a pretty big disservice if you don't get both
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#24FeatherwindPosted 9/13/2013 2:04:17 PM
donbrifway posted...
Far Cry 3 looks really fun

Far Cry 3 is far worse than it looks.

The AI is atrocious and the enemies are really dumb. They have super lengthy animations for all silly things that only makes this painfully obvious. This also makes the game incredibly easy 99.9% of the time.

The story is absolutely terrible. The beginning is very promising but it rapidly goes downhill. It looks like they had some story in mind, found out it only lasted a hour of gameplay so they added 10 hours of generic shooter filler to sell the game at full price. The side quests are some of the worst I've ever seen and it's clear they didn't even try. The only good character is the crazy pirate leader and even then he is handled very badly.

The minigames are super shallow. Many of the features are borderline pointless. Hunting and weapon customization for example (well I guess ability to change camos is nice...). All boss fights except one are handled with QTEs. The skill trees were clearly designed to fill some sort of quota.

It plays like it was threwn together in a week by a rookie team of game developers who confused special effects for plot. The worst part is the painfully boring story. The incapable AI makes the shooter filler really dull. I've heard someone describe this as "(console) Skyrim with guns" and that nails it. The only enjoyable things were climbing a radio tower the first time and the descriptions of some items like the japanese letters.
#25donbrifway(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:08:45 PM
this may seem dumb, but that doesn't really sound all that bad.
---
Steam: donbrifway
Origin: donbr1fway
#26QuestofChosenPosted 9/13/2013 2:09:54 PM
donbrifway posted...
this may seem dumb, but that doesn't really sound all that bad.

The game is fun and that is all the matters imo.
#27FeatherwindPosted 9/13/2013 2:17:51 PM
Well of course you can buy it if you want. I and many others did. Some also claim to like the game but I don't. If I were to review it I would give it a 2/10.

And I like it more than SR4.
#28SienrurouniPosted 9/14/2013 3:44:47 AM
Far Cry 3, always. The game is absolutely phenomenal.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#29_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/14/2013 3:46:47 AM
I think sleeping dogs is a better game than SR4, but Far Cry 3 and Sleeping dogs are just two very different games. The game you should get is the one you feel like playing .
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#30SienrurouniPosted 9/14/2013 3:47:12 AM
SnipeStar posted...
its a close tie between FC3 and Sleeping Dogs

it definitely depends on whether you like first person shooters or third person action games more. whichever is your preferred genre- go with the corresponding game. althoguh honestly, you cant go wrong with (and i highly recommend) both.

I by far prefer third person action games, and I got both games at around the same time, but I had so much more fun with Far Cry 3. It absorbed me in a way few AAA games have in a good while.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane