This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jeez, the textures/ pop-in/aliasing on GTAV is killin' me

#41PepsiWithCokePosted 9/13/2013 8:45:14 AM
It looks better than GTA IV at least,

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901007559550081653/CD01C75B684E6EDDACFCB8C1C7F5470641E430E3/
---
http://i.imgur.com/fEKRafh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1wcuVIH.gif
#42aak57Posted 9/13/2013 8:50:51 AM
...Other than the obvious horrible texture in the second picture, I don't really see anything that bad. In fact, it's kind of impressive for PS360.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#43Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 9:00:03 AM
aak57 posted...
...Other than the obvious horrible texture in the second picture, I don't really see anything that bad. In fact, it's kind of impressive for PS360.

ah well. Guess it's just me being fickle then!
---
hella butts
#44Greendragon854Posted 9/13/2013 9:28:20 AM
Yeah, even with the things being pointed out (besides that texture on the second pic) it doesn't look bad to me at all. I retired my ps3 like 3 years ago because my PC more than meets my gaming needs. This stupid game is making me dust it off :/

I'm actually pretty impressed with how it looks. I don't know what trickery they are using, but it looks good. And those pictures probably look very good while in motion.

Ugh...can't believe I'm buying a console game full price.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#45MarceloSampaioPosted 9/13/2013 10:06:30 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
So I have an off-topic question. I actually never really played GTA, but I have a bunch of them on Steam. Should I just start with the 3rd, or are the first two worth playing? Any of them have controller support, or should I just kb/m it up?

I would Skip 1 and 2. They aren't BAD games, but they don't even have a meaningful story, and the gameplay in them gets tiring soon (specially since the cities feel a bit meh). But they can be fun if you don't take them seriously. Stealing a bus and wrecking ravoc in the city is priceless! :p

3 is great, albeit a bit hard. It doesn't have a map, something that makes things more frustrating, but the city is big, the missions are varied enough, and the story is quite good! The character is still a mute though, like GTA 1 and 2... The musics are great, even if there aren't many of them. BTW, most cars in here are quite slow, and you can't drive bikes.

Vice City is amazing. Its a bit easier now, but can still be challenging. Its almost completelly non-linear, as you can do most missions in any order you want, and most missions have multiple solutions (the tank one makes me LOL when the officers leave the tank to buy dougnuts). The story is NOT as interesting as 3, though, but the main character is not a mute anymore. The bikes are back, BTW. OH, and the soundtrack is amazing,specially if you love the 80', like me.

San Andreas is... well, ok, I guess. The cities are HUGE, and there's a LOT to see and do. You can develop your character now, even change his body fat and muscles. In fact, as a sandbox game, its one of the best games ever. But the main story line is boring. The story missions are HUGE, but tooo linear. You have to do the main story missions in a specific order, and most of them have only one solution. The story is quite good, but all the 'hood thing may piss some people. Maybe I just understand this 'hood thing, but I didn't cared for any of the characters in this game. The soundtrack is huge, and has songs for all tastes, but its not as interesting as VC's.

4 is a good game. But is smaller than San Andreas (heck, it fells smaller than 3!!), has less things to do, and the city isn't all that interesting. The storyline is great though, and its more memorable than San Andreas'. This game isn't a fun sandbox though... Gets boring fast, so get it only if you wanna know the storyline and then stop playing. OH, and the PC version doesn't seem to run well on most PCs. You'll need lots of optimizations to play at a good framerate. The soundtrack is as memorable as a $5 whore though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mAjXr0l.jpg
Evolution of the dungeons in the Elder Scrolls game (from Daggerfall onwards)... ES 6 dungeons will be strait lines, I guess...
#46Ch3wyPosted 9/13/2013 10:09:54 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Slayn posted...
So I have an off-topic question. I actually never really played GTA, but I have a bunch of them on Steam. Should I just start with the 3rd, or are the first two worth playing? Any of them have controller support, or should I just kb/m it up?

I would Skip 1 and 2. They aren't BAD games, but they don't even have a meaningful story, and the gameplay in them gets tiring soon (specially since the cities feel a bit meh). But they can be fun if you don't take them seriously. Stealing a bus and wrecking ravoc in the city is priceless! :p

3 is great, albeit a bit hard. It doesn't have a map, something that makes things more frustrating, but the city is big, the missions are varied enough, and the story is quite good! The character is still a mute though, like GTA 1 and 2... The musics are great, even if there aren't many of them. BTW, most cars in here are quite slow, and you can't drive bikes.

Vice City is amazing. Its a bit easier now, but can still be challenging. Its almost completelly non-linear, as you can do most missions in any order you want, and most missions have multiple solutions (the tank one makes me LOL when the officers leave the tank to buy dougnuts). The story is NOT as interesting as 3, though, but the main character is not a mute anymore. The bikes are back, BTW. OH, and the soundtrack is amazing,specially if you love the 80', like me.

San Andreas is... well, ok, I guess. The cities are HUGE, and there's a LOT to see and do. You can develop your character now, even change his body fat and muscles. In fact, as a sandbox game, its one of the best games ever. But the main story line is boring. The story missions are HUGE, but tooo linear. You have to do the main story missions in a specific order, and most of them have only one solution. The story is quite good, but all the 'hood thing may piss some people. Maybe I just understand this 'hood thing, but I didn't cared for any of the characters in this game. The soundtrack is huge, and has songs for all tastes, but its not as interesting as VC's.

4 is a good game. But is smaller than San Andreas (heck, it fells smaller than 3!!), has less things to do, and the city isn't all that interesting. The storyline is great though, and its more memorable than San Andreas'. This game isn't a fun sandbox though... Gets boring fast, so get it only if you wanna know the storyline and then stop playing. OH, and the PC version doesn't seem to run well on most PCs. You'll need lots of optimizations to play at a good framerate. The soundtrack is as memorable as a $5 whore though.

Your memory must be foggy on 3. It's tiny, only 3 square miles. Maybe the fact that the cars are slow makes it seem bigger, IIRC the Banshee was the only car with some decent speed.

GTA IV was 6.8 square miles so it was significantly bigger. Still has nothing on San Andreas or V though.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#47MarceloSampaioPosted 9/13/2013 10:16:23 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Your memory must be foggy on 3. It's tiny, only 3 square miles. Maybe the fact that the cars are slow makes it seem bigger, IIRC the Banshee was the only car with some decent speed.

Maybe. The last time I've played 3 was in 2005. It really FEELS bigger than 4, maybe the cars speed indeed clogged my brain. :p
---
http://i.imgur.com/mAjXr0l.jpg
Evolution of the dungeons in the Elder Scrolls game (from Daggerfall onwards)... ES 6 dungeons will be strait lines, I guess...
#48Damaged7Posted 9/13/2013 11:55:54 AM
Looks nice to me. A nice little step up from GTA4.
---
Bold Text