This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About how much would I need for a solid gaming computer?

#1PachulozPosted 9/13/2013 7:13:39 AM
That I would probably upgrade never or like long time after.

Here is the dilemma. I bought and Acer Iconia w700 to replace my broken laptop, but I hate using that crap. Mostly because using touch screen pisses me off and then we have the fact none of the browsers are any good when using the Metro mode. IE crashes all the time, Nightly is glitchy as hell and Chrome just straight up sucks ass. It was a bad $700+ investment. It was suppose to be used mostly for college, but I just don't use it.

I also want to buy a Pokemon X and Y 3DS for $200 just because I am expecting it to become a solid collectors edition 3DS like the Pikachu one and I have a hard on for collecting Pokemon Stuff, so idk if to buy that.

Anyhow, I have enough to spend maybe $600 to $700 in a gaming computer and then get the 3DS as well, but spending no money is better than spending money.

Point of this topic.

How much should I need to get a solid Gaming Computer that can run most games and should I buy the 3DS or just use those 200 for the computer.
#2sauruschamp1Posted 9/13/2013 7:40:50 AM(edited)
You could probably be able to get a build for $700 that would play pretty much everything (if not on max settings) as long as you dont mind building it yourself. We can give you a list of parts etc and it is pretty easy to build one (just look up some youtube videos).

Also do you have a monitor/tv you can use and also mouse, keyboard, and OS you can use or obtain for cheap (this will cut down expenses and make the $700 build more likely).

EDIT: On the topic of 3ds do you already have one or are you just getting the pokemon one for the limited edition; if so dont bother as I the X and Y 3ds will be as popular as they are just legendaries from this gen not big popular pokemon like charizard or pikachu.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#3MasterDonGeroPosted 9/13/2013 7:49:58 AM
1. If you want build a computer that will never need to be upgraded, you're deluded and/or never seen Terminator.

2. $700 won't be enough to max all games, assuming that means max settings at 1080p, 60 FPS. I know you didn't say this, but another user did, so I don't want you to go in thinking $700 will build you a monster.

3. $700 will still build you a pretty good computer, though.

4. Your computer's life will depend on what how low of settings and FPS you're willing to play at.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#4Pachuloz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 7:50:28 AM
I can probably get two 17 inches screens from work for cheaper price.

I have a 50 inch tv in my room, so idk if that would be ok for using it as a screen for the computer.

For Mouse and Keyboard I will probably just get a cheap wireless one. I'll probably be playing games using a controller since I like it more that way.

And yeah, I was thinking of building it myself, idk much about computer building, but I am assuming it shouldn't be all that hard.

BTW I was wondering when it would be a good time to buy the parts and stuff. Obviously the sooner the better, but I am not sure if they have sales on special days like Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Online of course. I am not wasting a day camping to save $200.

Oh and the 3DS thing, it will be only to be a collected since I already own the Pikachu 3DS.
#5OmegaDL50Posted 9/13/2013 8:01:11 AM(edited)
MasterDonGero posted...
1. If you want build a computer that will never need to be upgraded, you're deluded and/or never seen Terminator.

2. $700 won't be enough to max all games, assuming that means max settings at 1080p, 60 FPS. I know you didn't say this, but another user did, so I don't want you to go in thinking $700 will build you a monster.

3. $700 will still build you a pretty good computer, though.

4. Your computer's life will depend on what how low of settings and FPS you're willing to play at.

The computer in my profile was $750 at the time I bought it, last year in August and can max everything at 1080p with frame rates 60fps or above.

Buying smart with the emphasis of deals (Microcenter, Newegg Combos, NCIX, etc) You can EASILY get a very high end PC in within the $700 to $800 range.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.