This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrade or Laptop?

#1MissHedgehogPosted 9/13/2013 12:10:51 PM
Hi everyone :)
My boyfriend recently got a new computer, so now I have his old desktop. It's about 3 years old, but I can still play all games on it. (Some graphically demanding ones have to be on low, though.) Before this, I had a pretty nice HP laptop for 3,5 years, and now it's quite dead.

For my birthday (which is still a few months away, but still) I'll have around 800 euros at my disposal. I now have two options:

1. Get a new desktop, because the one that I have is quite old. I put this together:
http://imgur.com/8KnP4N4
(I'd reuse the graphics card and the harddrive from this desktop, most games I play are heavier on CPU anyway.)

2. Get a decent laptop, because the desktop serves its (gaming) purpose just fine. (You can imagine that any kind of desktop would be a huge improvement from a laptop.)

Things I'd have to consider are moving to another country within the next 2 years, most likely. I have a tiny netbook but it's quite slow, so for actual studying purposes a laptop might be nice too. However, I am not very knowledgeable on laptops at all. I only know I'd like it to be as thin as possible, run cool and be 15/16". Or I could just save all the money and stick with what I have, and decide later.

Any thoughts? :) Much appreciated!
---
3DS FC 5043-2061-7637
#2Captain_DrekPosted 9/13/2013 12:14:36 PM
It depends on how much you game. Based on what you said in the OP I suggest getting a laptop as it looks like it would benefit you more at the time.
---
"There's always money in the banana stand."
3DS FC: 3738-0451-3244