This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dumb question about Steam and Gog

#11Cesare_Borgia(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:06:07 PM
I haven't actually tried it yet, but I was looking at the files and found this in the "bin" folder: http://i.imgur.com/1d84UJg.png

So I guess I can get my hopes up a little
#12Cesare_Borgia(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 3:24:55 PM
Well I started the download, but I can't find/don't know where to dump the existing stuff into (I'm assuming I should be looking for a Witcher 2 folder somewhere in Steam > steamapps > common). Also, when I back out to Steam > steamapps > downloading, I see the three folders I had copied are already there with everything in them, which would have been at least 90% of the game data, but the download is still at like 1%, so I don't really know what to make of any of this, but it looks like something like this won't be so simple.
#13StormKMDPosted 9/13/2013 3:33:14 PM
All of it is in downloading, so it won't appear in common. Go to steam>steamapps>common and then copy/paste your Witcher 2 files in there. Make sure it's in a folder named "The Witcher 2" without the quotations. Then verify through Steam.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#14Cesare_Borgia(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 4:16:32 PM
Alright, after several attempts I think I can confirm that this doesn't work. I copied the files, but the only thing I could verify (again, I'm assuming you meant to go to "Properties" and click on "Verify Integrity of game cache") was the ~500MB I had downloaded. Steam wouldn't recognize the existing files no matter where they were or what folder they were in.

It was a fun experiment though.