This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider 75% off steam, worth it?

#31GoldninjaPosted 9/13/2013 9:03:20 PM
It's a decent game. I enjoyed it for what it is. Some problems I had with it: QTEs ticked me off. There were way too many at the beginning, but they tend to taper off as the game goes on. The "tombs" in the game are mostly small caves with extremely simple puzzles and aren't really satisfying to explore. I do like this iteration of Lara, but... eh, She becomes this unbelievable badass about half way through, with the ability to waste an entire army by herself. This is also pointed out by the enemies with them saying, "She's gonna kill us all". It kind of kills the origin story aspect a little bit, considering that she was almost completely green when the game started.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#32dakondakbladePosted 9/13/2013 11:00:59 PM
Damn

Makes me want to try it out.

Guess I'll wait it out for a few weeks.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#33Majoras_pantsPosted 9/13/2013 11:24:27 PM
It's worth full price. I paid the $50 at launch and did not regret it for a second.
#34JockoPosted 9/14/2013 6:59:44 AM
cody4783 posted...

Or a story that makes any coherent sense with it's gameplay.

Wow really? I get flustered trying to follow a Scooby Doo plot and I was able to follow Tomb Raider perfectly fine.
This is a great action stealth game. Good lord using the bow and arrow for stealth kills is oh so satisfying :)
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#35SnipeStarPosted 9/14/2013 7:22:31 AM
great deal
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#36neroAngeloPosted 9/14/2013 7:52:46 AM
It's a great movie. If you like cinematic games, definitely get it. If you hate cinematic games. Avoid it. If you're indifferent to cinematic games, then I'd also recommend getting it.
---
PSWii360 - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#37Zohar_MetatronPosted 9/14/2013 8:07:36 AM
Jocko posted...
cody4783 posted...

Or a story that makes any coherent sense with it's gameplay.

Wow really? I get flustered trying to follow a Scooby Doo plot and I was able to follow Tomb Raider perfectly fine.

I believe this is in reference to "Lara is a total greenhorn but somehow still manages to easily murder a hundred dudes."

It really seems like there were a couple different games being made over the course of this thing's development-I seem to remember it being described as an entirely open survival-centered game at its announcement-and the end result feels a little pieced together. This is especially true in the "cinematic" segments, which are like every ten feet for the first half of the game, or how there's like one stealth section that never gets a repeat, or how you find food sources all over the place that are completely pointless as they just offer a paltry sum of EXP, etc. It feels like there was a lot of disagreement on that team as to what they were trying to do.

Still liked it quite a bit. It's certainly better then all the pre-Legend games, but so is being set on fire, so that's hollow praise.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#38NE_PatriotsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 12:58:51 PM
I am really enjoying the game guys, finding it really fun. I like the set piece moments and those death cutscenes are just....ouch.
---
"Our hopes and dreams travel with you" Jor-El
#39xanthan1Posted 9/15/2013 1:19:49 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
I am really enjoying the game guys, finding it really fun. I like the set piece moments and those death cutscenes are just....ouch.

Did you buy JUST Tomb Raider or did you pay I think like $5 more for the other games also?
#40NE_PatriotsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:23:14 PM
xanthan1 posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

Did you buy JUST Tomb Raider or did you pay I think like $5 more for the other games also?

I was not interested in the other Tomb Raider games and i know full well that with GTA5 just around the corner i will NEVER get to them, but i definitely had to play the newest Tomb Raider.
---
"Our hopes and dreams travel with you" Jor-El