This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider 75% off steam, worth it?

#61ThunderPotatoPosted 9/17/2013 4:23:03 PM
I wouldn't buy it. Too many quick times, too few instances of actual game play.
---
Draven: He's the hero GameFAQs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#62BuburibonPosted 9/17/2013 4:37:42 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
I wouldn't buy it. Too many quick times, too few instances of actual game play .

That's not true at all. Anyone who actually played through the entire game knows the quick time events pretty much cease to be after the initial 30 minutes or so of gameplay. By the way, having to tap a button to break a lock is not a quick time event.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#63Hi CPosted 9/17/2013 4:50:40 PM
Buburibon posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
I wouldn't buy it. Too many quick times, too few instances of actual game play .

That's not true at all. Anyone who actually played through the entire game knows the quick time events pretty much cease to be after the initial 30 minutes or so of gameplay. By the way, having to tap a button to break a lock is not a quick time event.

Actually it is, but whatever.

Most of the QTE's get replaced by straight up shooting galleries the 2nd half of the game and I lost interest.

After a couple hours the survival bits disappear completely as does the open roaming areas (the first forest area is literally the best map/moments in the game), and a couple skills make you OP to the point where you will die more to the poorly conveyed QTE prompts than actual combat.
---
You'll be my John G.
#64SilentHawk29Posted 9/17/2013 5:05:44 PM(edited)
So you didn't play the game past an hour or so. There's quite a few open areas in the game (Shanty Town and the beach near the end are huge) and there's only one "poorly conveyed QTE prompt" in the game, and that's within the first five minutes.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#65Hi CPosted 9/17/2013 5:25:50 PM
I quit after Shanty town, because the game had completely gone John Rambo.

That and since you had been running around with a punctured kidney the whole game and it suddenly decided to make you really need some pain killers from hitting a tree branch or two just so you can jump again.

By the end I would have expected her to be a triple amputee, blind with cancer before they trotted out a Deus Ex Machina to get her into all the games in the canon that came after.

Was ridiculous.
---
You'll be my John G.