This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is Clive Barker's Undying region-free?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is Clive Barker's Undying region-free?

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
3 years ago#1
I tried buying the North American version, but the seller(through amazon) sent me the pal version. will it work on my PC or should I send it back?
Sharing is for communists. ~ Byrgg

User Info: AllHailTheDead6

AllHailTheDead6
3 years ago#2
I dont think the question should be whether or not it works, but is it in English?
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*

thatauthor
3 years ago#3
so all disc based games(at least the ones without a steam requirement) are region free? I don't care what version it is as long as it works and I can play it easily enough. The box is completely in English, so I would think the game would be too.
Sometimes the failure is so complete it's contagious. ~ CaPwnD

User Info: OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50
3 years ago#4
There is no such thing as "region lock out" when it comes to PC software.

EDIT : There are some minor things though like using something like Applocale due to unicoding in software.
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.

thatauthor
3 years ago#5
OmegaDL50 posted...
There is no such thing as "region lock out" when it comes to PC software.

EDIT : There are some minor things though like using something like Applocale due to unicoding in software.

I thought there wasn't. just making sure. thanks!
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
3 years ago#6
Annoying games are probably out there. Which ones, I don't know.
Stuff like IP locked online may happen.
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!

thatauthor
3 years ago#7
Stuff like IP locked online may happen.

I doubt that will happen. I mean even if it does have MP, I bought it for the SP. it is an EA game though(albeit from like 2001 or something).
We should blame Nixon. RIger

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#8
If you are after the game and not the physical disk then I guess the GOG version of the game (I think I saw that game on GOG months ago) is not region locked or something. Never heard of region-locked PC software or games unless its unavailable for your region though.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

thatauthor
3 years ago#9
From: TowerBooks3192 | Posted: 9/14/2013 11:10:14 AM | #008
If you are after the game and not the physical disk then I guess the GOG version of the game (I think I saw that game on GOG months ago) is not region locked or something. Never heard of region-locked PC software or games unless its unavailable for your region though.

had I known the GOG version was $3 back in June(I saw that when I checked the forum to see about region coding), I woulod have bought that version. instead I paid like $3+shipping for the disc version. I figured PC gaming weren't region locked as much as console games(unless maybe digital version like Steam or Desura are), but I wanted to make sure. the game is availabe here, I just was sent the wrong version.
Sometimes the failure is so complete it's contagious. ~ CaPwnD

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#10
Almost everything is region free on PC unless it requires an online form of DRM like Steam. Then it becomes a "is this key Russian" question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is Clive Barker's Undying region-free?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived