This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is Clive Barker's Undying region-free?

#1thatauthorPosted 9/13/2013 6:24:46 PM(edited)
I tried buying the North American version, but the seller(through amazon) sent me the pal version. will it work on my PC or should I send it back?
---
Sharing is for communists. ~ Byrgg
#2AllHailTheDead6Posted 9/13/2013 5:51:43 PM
I dont think the question should be whether or not it works, but is it in English?
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#3thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 6:25:52 PM
so all disc based games(at least the ones without a steam requirement) are region free? I don't care what version it is as long as it works and I can play it easily enough. The box is completely in English, so I would think the game would be too.
---
Sometimes the failure is so complete it's contagious. ~ CaPwnD
#4OmegaDL50Posted 9/13/2013 6:34:43 PM(edited)
There is no such thing as "region lock out" when it comes to PC software.

EDIT : There are some minor things though like using something like Applocale due to unicoding in software.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#5thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 6:35:59 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
There is no such thing as "region lock out" when it comes to PC software.

EDIT : There are some minor things though like using something like Applocale due to unicoding in software.

I thought there wasn't. just making sure. thanks!
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#6Lum_YatsuraPosted 9/13/2013 6:55:27 PM
Annoying games are probably out there. Which ones, I don't know.
Stuff like IP locked online may happen.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#7thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 7:08:20 AM
Stuff like IP locked online may happen.

I doubt that will happen. I mean even if it does have MP, I bought it for the SP. it is an EA game though(albeit from like 2001 or something).
---
We should blame Nixon. RIger
#8TowerBooks3192Posted 9/14/2013 7:10:14 AM
If you are after the game and not the physical disk then I guess the GOG version of the game (I think I saw that game on GOG months ago) is not region locked or something. Never heard of region-locked PC software or games unless its unavailable for your region though.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#9thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 7:19:34 AM
From: TowerBooks3192 | Posted: 9/14/2013 11:10:14 AM | #008
If you are after the game and not the physical disk then I guess the GOG version of the game (I think I saw that game on GOG months ago) is not region locked or something. Never heard of region-locked PC software or games unless its unavailable for your region though.

had I known the GOG version was $3 back in June(I saw that when I checked the forum to see about region coding), I woulod have bought that version. instead I paid like $3+shipping for the disc version. I figured PC gaming weren't region locked as much as console games(unless maybe digital version like Steam or Desura are), but I wanted to make sure. the game is availabe here, I just was sent the wrong version.
---
Sometimes the failure is so complete it's contagious. ~ CaPwnD
#10Kokuei05Posted 9/14/2013 8:03:42 AM
Almost everything is region free on PC unless it requires an online form of DRM like Steam. Then it becomes a "is this key Russian" question.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y