This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there anything like Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics on pc?

#1Deathx113Posted 9/13/2013 7:42:50 PM
Something where you can actually build/train a team, job classes etc.

---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#2Digital StormPosted 9/13/2013 7:56:08 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67217463
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3Jason_25Posted 9/13/2013 8:14:09 PM
Recently, there is: X-com: Enemy Unknown, The Last Remnant, Xenonauts, Eador: Masters of the Broken World, Wesnoth, King's Bounty series, and Shadowrun returns.

Of those I would recommend X-com and the King's Bounty series.

I would take the advice of Ravenoussd from that thread though, and start on the Front Mission games. Start with the remake of the first one for NintendoDS with the Desmume emulator. Go through all of them and even play the translated Front Mission: V. V is the best Front Mission game and one of the best games ever from Japan.

I would also recommend visiting/revisiting the ancestors of FFT. Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (zsnes emu), Let Us Cling Together (epsxe emu), and Person of Lordly Caliber (project 64 emu).

Maybe those will keep you busy for a while.
#4Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 8:27:35 PM
Jason_25 posted...
Recently, there is: X-com: Enemy Unknown, The Last Remnant, Xenonauts, Eador: Masters of the Broken World, Wesnoth, King's Bounty series, and Shadowrun returns.

Of those I would recommend X-com and the King's Bounty series.

I would take the advice of Ravenoussd from that thread though, and start on the Front Mission games. Start with the remake of the first one for NintendoDS with the Desmume emulator. Go through all of them and even play the translated Front Mission: V. V is the best Front Mission game and one of the best games ever from Japan.

I would also recommend visiting/revisiting the ancestors of FFT. Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (zsnes emu), Let Us Cling Together (epsxe emu), and Person of Lordly Caliber (project 64 emu).

Maybe those will keep you busy for a while.

Wowza haha, more than I thought.

Yeah I've been emulating older games, was curious if there was anything new but it doesn't seem there is a ton.

Still I'll give a few of those games a look! Thank you sir.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#5Jason_25Posted 9/13/2013 9:31:53 PM
Well thank you for replying back. I wanted to add that Front Mission V is probably the best looking PS2 game ever and it will even test your system power-wise. I remember seeing my 1075T @ 3.6 and all 6 cores were loaded near 100% with the fan in hair dryer mode. I have fond memories of that game.
#6SienrurouniPosted 9/14/2013 4:21:16 AM
What I played of Grotesque Tactics is rather fun, and this bundle contains both games for five bucks. http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-two-indie-games/
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#7Hi CPosted 9/14/2013 4:50:51 AM(edited)
Fallout Tactics
Jagged Alliance 2
Temple of Elemental Evil
Battle for Wesnoth
Knights of the Chalice
---
You'll be my John G.