This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got my parent's old PC, how to clear all unnecessary stuff on the PC?

#1Aadrian1234Posted 9/13/2013 11:57:31 PM
i just my parent's old PC, which doesn't run that fast in the first place, but i want to clear everything that i don't need on it to make it run the fastest it can. I was thinking about a factory reset, but i'm not sure if that will delete the OS or anything else important. It is a storebought PC using Windows XP, BTW.
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#2kobalobasileusPosted 9/13/2013 11:58:47 PM
There is no factory reset with XP. You'll have to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows and all the drivers.
#3Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 12:02:18 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
There is no factory reset with XP. You'll have to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows and all the drivers.

im fairly new to computers, to re-install windows and the drivers i need the disk containing the OS, correct? because we dont have that anymore
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#4squarenixfan119Posted 9/14/2013 12:38:23 AM
Get the windows key, either from a sticker on the computer or using software, then you can create your own OS disk from legally obtainable ISOs online.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2705976737.png
#5TekutsoPosted 9/14/2013 3:08:34 AM
squarenixfan119 posted...
Get the windows key, either from a sticker on the computer or using software, then you can create your own OS disk from legally obtainable ISOs online.

can you link where I could obtain the legal ISOs by any chance?
---
Don Mattrick and co. XBONED me so now I'm on a Cerny Journey to BASED SONY to beg forgiveness from LORD Jack Tretton
#6squarenixfan119Posted 9/14/2013 6:56:47 AM
Tekutso posted...
squarenixfan119 posted...

can you link where I could obtain the legal ISOs by any chance?

My bad, I assumed that since you can download Windows 7/8 ISOs legally, the same went for XP. Apparently that isn't the case. My apologies.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2705976737.png