This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Half Life 2 and game worth playing?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Half Life 2 and game worth playing?
2 years ago#1
I played it before in spurts before but I never finished it and oddly enough I did play and beat Episode 1 and 2.

In HL2 I remember stopping in Ravenholm. IDK how far was that
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Counter-Strike is the only good multiplayer game because it isnt bs like most other online games. BF is cool too
2 years ago#2
I don't know why you are bothering to ask, if you stopped playing the game than it's obviously not to your taste. I personally enjoyed the game thoroughly when I initially played through it.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#3
Ravenholm is not that far, but it was a particularly boring sequence in the game. I left the game to sit there for a while as well.
2 years ago#4
JKatarn posted...
I don't know why you are bothering to ask, if you stopped playing the game than it's obviously not to your taste. I personally enjoyed the game thoroughly when I initially played through it.

Just because I stopped playing it doesnt automatically mean I didnt like it. If I didnt like HL then why was I able to go through Episode 1 and 2?
---
Counter-Strike is the only good multiplayer game because it isnt bs like most other online games. BF is cool too
2 years ago#5

That's barely into the game though I'd have to say that's the best part.

Parts of the game get to be a drag later on, but it's not terribly difficult if you know where you're supposed to go...grab a walkthrough and you could just blast through it so you could say you did it. If that doesn't sound like fun, well, don't do it.

I kept losing interest and losing my save files through various computer and hard drive changes so it took me a LONG time to get through it... I think part of what made HL2 a drag for me was that it was obvious in a lot of parts that they were trying new stuff and showing off other stuff (like trying to control a squad or various physics puzzles).

It seemed like there wasn't much focus to the game...I would have preferred a game like Ravenholm all the way through to the mishmash of gimmicks and experiments I got. Anyway, if you already played and beat both the episodes you could probably just read the walkthrough and get the gist of the story you missed out on.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
2 years ago#6
arleas posted...

That's barely into the game though I'd have to say that's the best part.

Parts of the game get to be a drag later on, but it's not terribly difficult if you know where you're supposed to go...grab a walkthrough and you could just blast through it so you could say you did it. If that doesn't sound like fun, well, don't do it.

I kept losing interest and losing my save files through various computer and hard drive changes so it took me a LONG time to get through it... I think part of what made HL2 a drag for me was that it was obvious in a lot of parts that they were trying new stuff and showing off other stuff (like trying to control a squad or various physics puzzles).

It seemed like there wasn't much focus to the game...I would have preferred a game like Ravenholm all the way through to the mishmash of gimmicks and experiments I got. Anyway, if you already played and beat both the episodes you could probably just read the walkthrough and get the gist of the story you missed out on.

Yeah I heard Ravenholm was the best part of the game. I really feel like playing Episode 2 more than HL2 right now lol. I played the Orange box and 360 so pc would be better this time.
---
2 years ago#7
I wasn't a big fan of Ravenholm. I liked the later combine battles better. I loved HL2 and the episodes. I think they hold up surprisingly well even though it's several years old now.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
2 years ago#8
Played like an hour into the game...

...did it give anyone else headaches?
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
2 years ago#9
i'll probably just wait for it to be on the winter sale for like $2
---
2 years ago#10
Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Half Life 2 and game worth playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived