This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Half Life 2 and game worth playing?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Half Life 2 and game worth playing?
2 years ago#1
I played it before in spurts before but I never finished it and oddly enough I did play and beat Episode 1 and 2.

In HL2 I remember stopping in Ravenholm. IDK how far was that
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Counter-Strike is the only good multiplayer game because it isnt bs like most other online games. BF is cool too
2 years ago#2
I don't know why you are bothering to ask, if you stopped playing the game than it's obviously not to your taste. I personally enjoyed the game thoroughly when I initially played through it.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#3
Ravenholm is not that far, but it was a particularly boring sequence in the game. I left the game to sit there for a while as well.
2 years ago#4
JKatarn posted...
I don't know why you are bothering to ask, if you stopped playing the game than it's obviously not to your taste. I personally enjoyed the game thoroughly when I initially played through it.

Just because I stopped playing it doesnt automatically mean I didnt like it. If I didnt like HL then why was I able to go through Episode 1 and 2?
---
Counter-Strike is the only good multiplayer game because it isnt bs like most other online games. BF is cool too
2 years ago#5

That's barely into the game though I'd have to say that's the best part.

Parts of the game get to be a drag later on, but it's not terribly difficult if you know where you're supposed to go...grab a walkthrough and you could just blast through it so you could say you did it. If that doesn't sound like fun, well, don't do it.

I kept losing interest and losing my save files through various computer and hard drive changes so it took me a LONG time to get through it... I think part of what made HL2 a drag for me was that it was obvious in a lot of parts that they were trying new stuff and showing off other stuff (like trying to control a squad or various physics puzzles).

It seemed like there wasn't much focus to the game...I would have preferred a game like Ravenholm all the way through to the mishmash of gimmicks and experiments I got. Anyway, if you already played and beat both the episodes you could probably just read the walkthrough and get the gist of the story you missed out on.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
2 years ago#6
arleas posted...

That's barely into the game though I'd have to say that's the best part.

Parts of the game get to be a drag later on, but it's not terribly difficult if you know where you're supposed to go...grab a walkthrough and you could just blast through it so you could say you did it. If that doesn't sound like fun, well, don't do it.

I kept losing interest and losing my save files through various computer and hard drive changes so it took me a LONG time to get through it... I think part of what made HL2 a drag for me was that it was obvious in a lot of parts that they were trying new stuff and showing off other stuff (like trying to control a squad or various physics puzzles).

It seemed like there wasn't much focus to the game...I would have preferred a game like Ravenholm all the way through to the mishmash of gimmicks and experiments I got. Anyway, if you already played and beat both the episodes you could probably just read the walkthrough and get the gist of the story you missed out on.

Yeah I heard Ravenholm was the best part of the game. I really feel like playing Episode 2 more than HL2 right now lol. I played the Orange box and 360 so pc would be better this time.
---
2 years ago#7
I wasn't a big fan of Ravenholm. I liked the later combine battles better. I loved HL2 and the episodes. I think they hold up surprisingly well even though it's several years old now.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
2 years ago#8
Played like an hour into the game...

...did it give anyone else headaches?
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
2 years ago#9
i'll probably just wait for it to be on the winter sale for like $2
---
2 years ago#10
Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Half Life 2 and game worth playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived