This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Issues after reinstalling my pc

#1ERLiNoPosted 9/14/2013 9:00:53 AM
After reinstalling my computer on a SSD, (plexor 128gb pro) My graphic card wont work or something. So, I reinstalled plugged in the SSD etc. When I booted my computer it gave a blank screen it did nothing but everything worked inside the case, graphic card lights are burning the fans are spinning the processor is spinning all usb ports work etc etc. So after many tries using all the different slots of the card, (it has 1 HDMI and 2 vga ports ) so in 2 cases the computer started off normal with the motherboard startup but then it gave a black screen with this _ going up and down I let it stay that way for 20minutes but nothing happened. So I plugged the vga into the motherboard and everything worked computer booted in 10 seconds and was on my desktop in 20.. I have no idea whats up. So I hadn't plugged an internet cable in at this point wondering if it was a driver issue but my internet doesnt work I tried 3 different cables but it just doesnt work the internet cables are not even shining on internet slot.
I probably did something really stupid thats easily fixable but yea. hope some can help out.
My specs:
Motherboard; Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Processors; intel i7 3770 3.5
Graphic card; Palit Jet Stream 760 gtx

I think thats all you need to know and else just ask.
Sorry for bad format etc its annoying from a mobile phone ;s

thanks in advance.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/14/2013 9:02:36 AM
You reinstalled your entire PC on your SSD?

SIR ARE YOU A WIZARD
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3ERLiNo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 9:12:16 AM
TimePharaoh posted...

SIR ARE YOU A WIZARD

yea my entire pc consists of win7 ult 64bit atm so not so hard.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#4steveboblarryPosted 9/14/2013 9:23:28 AM
ERLiNo posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

SIR ARE YOU A WIZARD

Dont mind pharaoh he has trollish tendencies
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#5gastamanPosted 9/14/2013 9:25:53 AM
steveboblarry posted...
ERLiNo posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

SIR ARE YOU A WIZARD

Dont mind pharaoh he has trollish tendencies

But, honestly, what he said, is exactly what I was thinking.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#6HydroCannabinolPosted 9/14/2013 9:31:35 AM
I know you from playing SC2 so I want to help, but your post is extremely confusing.

What I gathered, is that you are able to boot into Windows fine now, but you are forced to use the VGA port and your Ethernet port is not working either.

What I recommend doing is downloading the Ethernet and chipset drivers for your motherboard onto a flash drive and install them on the computer. Hopefully you have a second PC with internet access to do this. If not, try to find the CD that came with your motherboard. You shouldn't have thrown it away...

Win7 should have built-in Ethernet drivers, however, so I'm not sure why your network isn't working. You can also try messing with settings in the network and sharing center. Go into adapter settings and make sure IPV4 is checked. Go into IPv4 properties and make sure all the 'automatic' settings are checked like connect automatically and use DHCP etc etc

Right click my Computer and click manage. Then on the left click on device manager. See which devices have yellow exclamation mark, i'm guessing it's a lot?

Post results here.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#7LordSeiferPosted 9/14/2013 9:49:48 AM
when i installed win7 on my laptop last time it didnt work for ethernet out of the box, had to get driver, and obviously wifi driver
---
^ this
#8HydroCannabinolPosted 9/14/2013 9:56:37 AM
I forgot to mention, get all drivers from:

www.downloadcenter.intel.com

www.nvidia.com
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#9ERLiNo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:10:12 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
I know you from playing SC2 so I want to help, but your post is extremely confusing.

What I gathered, is that you are able to boot into Windows fine now, but you are forced to use the VGA port and your Ethernet port is not working either.

What I recommend doing is downloading the Ethernet and chipset drivers for your motherboard onto a flash drive and install them on the computer. Hopefully you have a second PC with internet access to do this. If not, try to find the CD that came with your motherboard. You shouldn't have thrown it away...

Win7 should have built-in Ethernet drivers, however, so I'm not sure why your network isn't working. You can also try messing with settings in the network and sharing center. Go into adapter settings and make sure IPV4 is checked. Go into IPv4 properties and make sure all the 'automatic' settings are checked like connect automatically and use DHCP etc etc

Right click my Computer and click manage. Then on the left click on device manager. See which devices have yellow exclamation mark, i'm guessing it's a lot?

Post results here.

Problem is that I dont get a screen when I use my graphic card, I can only boot when I use my integrated graphic card from my processor. I will post soonish about the other stuff when I get back home in 10minutes.
Thanks for trying to help
---
-Masters Zerg
#10Loserman15Posted 9/14/2013 10:17:43 AM
Did you install graphics card drivers?