This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how will my pc specs run next-gen games?

#11jesse_skater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 12:41:42 PM
i was told that i might have to get a better power supply if i upgrade, so i will do that to if i have to.

So pretty much, a better power supply, and graphics card will run next gen games good with my specs?
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
#12OmegaDL50Posted 9/14/2013 12:50:42 PM
Alright then. Let's try this a different way.

First will need to confirm with the PSU has a PCIe power adaptor. It should be a 6-pin plug. Since you don't have a GPU installed the cable will most certainly be loose and not plugged into anything (that is depending if your PSU actually has one)

Also I looked up your PC model number a HP Pavilion p7-1432 and punched in equivalent parts into PCpartpicker and this what I see so far. Case doesn't matter. However the components that draw power ARE, things like the HDD, motherboard / cpu, ram...have a set tdp in use by the PSU

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DIab

If you refer to this your PC is basically using 166w of your PSU...however without being able to determine the actual amp levels on the 12v rail. We won't know how much juice we can get out of your PSU. Some PSU's may say rated for 300w and cannot handle it.

Just for the sake an upgrade lets knock off 40w off your PSU and you really only have 260w to use. That means you'll need to find a GPU upgrade that does not exceed a power consumption of 100w
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#13ymmac1707Posted 9/14/2013 1:28:06 PM
May I suggest a Radeon 7750, You will play modern games to medium to low settings, A Radeon 7770 would be better if you Power supply can handle it.
#14jesse_skater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:51:00 AM
thanks. so the Radeon 7750 will be able to run on my PC with my current power supply?
---
#15DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/15/2013 9:54:28 AM
If you're looking to run next gen console games, I'd suggest getting a new power supply and a HD7850 or better. That'll keep you up with the best of what next gen consoles have to offer.
Also, it's a terrible idea to cram your computer into a small, enclosed space, as it needs proper airflow to cool your parts.(as do modern game consoles. You try that with a PS4 or Xbone, it will die a slow, painful heat death.)
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#16jesse_skater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:58:00 AM
its not a small enclosed space. it would just be a pain to take it out of where its. it has plenty of airflow. i guess i worded it wrong. my bad
---
#17urtvPosted 9/15/2013 10:09:34 AM
just trash it and get a new,better premade all together
#18MaximoomPosted 9/15/2013 10:36:32 AM
3rd gen i5 is ok, 8gb ddr3 is also okay.

Just need to replace the PSU for something with like 500W (could be more or less, depending on your gpu choice) and a Videocard (like a GTX 660 or AMD 7850) and you will have a good gaming machine.
#19jesse_skater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 10:38:35 AM
urtv posted...
just trash it and get a new,better premade all together

I know it may be hard to understand so let me explain in a little detail. When I posted this topic, I was not asking people if my specs were good. I was asking if it would play next gen games if I bought a better graphics card. So your post contributed absolutely nothing by telling me to "trash it".

Unlike your post, I have found everyone else's answers very helpful and I greatly appreciate them.
---
#20jesse_skater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 10:39:31 AM
Maximoom posted...
3rd gen i5 is ok, 8gb ddr3 is also okay.

Just need to replace the PSU for something with like 500W (could be more or less, depending on your gpu choice) and a Videocard (like a GTX 660 or AMD 7850) and you will have a good gaming machine.

Thanks. Ill be looking into it.
---