This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO: What was the biggest downer of this generation?

#111Jeh64Posted 9/15/2013 3:09:50 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
Gamers being a bunch of jerks, mostly
#112sheep007Posted 9/15/2013 3:27:55 AM
Draven winning the character battle IX.
---
"My game won't let me buy a girlfriend." - GamersTavern
I am James Baa, and I have a license to graze.
#113RazorbladezPosted 9/15/2013 3:56:38 AM
Trolls, elitists, cynical hipsters, fanboys, haters, and anyone else that can only derive pleasure from putting people down, hating anything well received or popular, and just generally sucking the joy out of anywhere they are.
---
PSN: Razorbladez Xbox Gamertag: Lord Diabolus FFXIV server: Malboro Main character: Razor Bladez
#114_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/15/2013 4:12:43 AM(edited)
Publishers having more control over production, content and distribution.

People being more negative and cynical about games than ever before.

Game-wise I am pretty happy about the things we have seen this generation.

One thing that has not been a let-down to me, though people here commonly list it as one: DICE and The Battlefield franchise.

---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#115NewavePosted 9/15/2013 4:33:11 AM
Digital content.

I want so many games that only exist as downloadable titles.

It sucks being an old school gamer these days. All I want it a normal copy to put on my shelf, no internet bs required. I have more money now than any generation before it because I CAN'T buy the games I would've spent the money on if only they would get released!

Sitting playing Sonic Adventure 2 on my random-functional Dreamcast because the HD version for PS360 is only available via download.
---
Kill the legs first, that's an ironclad battle tactic!
#116NingishzidaPosted 9/15/2013 4:35:31 AM
Razorbladez posted...
Trolls, elitists, cynical hipsters, fanboys, haters, and anyone else that can only derive pleasure from putting people down, hating anything well received or popular, and just generally sucking the joy out of anywhere they are.

ahw yeah!
#117SettaWorldTeethPosted 9/15/2013 4:50:01 AM
Greedy publishers forcing dev teams to rush games, cut content to make it DLC and to overwork them.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#118akuma634Posted 9/15/2013 4:53:41 AM
Whiny gamers on the internet who can't find one nice thing to say about how great we have it.

Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines, no I didn't expect them to be the "greatest games ever made" but I did expect to have some degree of fun with those games. Serious Sam 3: BFE did EVERYTHING Duke Nukem Forever wished it could have been. As for Aliens, we may never see a game that does the first 2 movies justice.

38 Studios because I loved Kingdoms Of Amalur, it's my longest played game on Steam. But the publisher other key figures on the business end just had no idea what they were doing. Their logic was that just making a big budget AAA game would magically grant them 50 times their budget and outsell Call Of Duty because it's a game. They were so caught up on this idea that they borrowed an astronomical amount of money to start a MMORPG spinoff based on the new IP before it was released. The game ended up being rejected by the gaming masses and everyone on the project suffered because of it. Even if somebody does buy up the KOA IP in auction, the guys who made the game are working for other companies and most gamers are too jaded to give a sequel a chance.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#119Erik212Posted 9/15/2013 5:01:34 AM
Biggest downer? The Internet flipping its s*** over Xbone used game and digital content policy, then flipping 180 degrees and singing praise when Steam does the same thing.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#120Kerr AvonPosted 9/15/2013 5:05:07 AM
PC specific: Read Dead Redemption not coming out on the PC (that game was made to be modded!!!).

Console specific - the rise of DLC, especially day one DLC. I don't mind true DLC (content that was written after the game, and that is worth the extra money and adds to the game), but so much DLC feels like it should have been part of the original game, especially day one DLC.

General - the weapon carrying limit in first person shooters. Games should be enjoyable, and it's more enjoyable to be able to carry every weapon you find than to be limited to two or three.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/